FAO DJs and Tech guys

djbmc

I'm lookin at gettin serato for djing, but i only want it for the ability to control mp3s like they're on the vinyl itself. (Things like looping, auto beat matching etc... don't interest me) And for near on £500 that's pretty expensive, however i've just seen a program called Intimidation Touch, which looks pretty much the same, probably has a few less features, has anyone got any experience with it?

did you read the post? i can mix bruv, ask anyone on here from all the vinyl mixes i've put up, but 99% of stuff these days is released digitally.

oh seen

burn to cd and use cd decks, keeps some of the art of mixing?

Gotta admit, the standard of DJing in town centres these days is terrible.

I'm a fan of technology, and DJs using MP3s/laptops etc don't bother me. Just learn how to f*ck*ng mix them.

i agree

since the decline in vinyl, there's been a steady increase of clanging in clubs

especially them prolonged clangs where thy don't care they just keep the 2 choons playing not in time and every 1 doesn't know what to dance to.

i only want it for the ability to control mp3s like they're on the vinyl itself. (Things like looping, auto beat matching etc... don't interest me)

If this is the only thing you want it for (i.e. like me to jus digitize ur music collection, but still use vinyl) then not buyin serato is like buyin decks and not buyin technics.

Plus since the SL3 came out, you can probably get the old serato SL1 (which will be ideal for what you want to do) for about £250 on ebay or somewhere.

Id even buy it second hand if your not doin clubs on a regs and its just for home use.

• Upvote 1

did you read the post? i can mix bruv, ask anyone on here from all the vinyl mixes i've put up, but 99% of stuff these days is released digitally.

oh seen

You sound like you don't know what Serato is.

i dont, but i read the phrase "mix mp3" which leads me to believe the art of mixing is lost.

Serato is good. It has three modes, one of them is on the laptop mixing, another is using the turntables but without skipping needles and having the ability to put the needle anywhere on the vinyl but the track be in its same place, and the last most (abs) which is exactly the same as vinyl.

/

I agree with streets about the levels being rubbish. This is because these people you hear, do not care about their skills and only care about being "the man" when infact they are not.

It is worth every money (I have recently bought it and cannot rate it enough. Tracktor scratch is probably the closest but there is a reason why majority of the top djs and turntablist have serato...

• Upvote 1

oh seen

You sound like you don't know what Serato is.

i dont, but i read the phrase "mix mp3" which leads me to believe the art of mixing is lost.

Your lost. It is EXACTLY the same as mixing. Here are some djs using DVS's:

Grand Master Flash & tracktor scratch

Jazzy Jeff DJ AM & serato scratch

i only want it for the ability to control mp3s like they're on the vinyl itself. (Things like looping, auto beat matching etc... don't interest me)

If this is the only thing you want it for (i.e. like me to jus digitize ur music collection, but still use vinyl) then not buyin serato is like buyin decks and not buyin technics.

Plus since the SL3 came out, you can probably get the old serato SL1 (which will be ideal for what you want to do) for about £250 on ebay or somewhere.

Id even buy it second hand if your not doin clubs on a regs and its just for home use.

safe, i might just do that then.