Best/Worst Signings 09/10

Aquaman

Woop dee f*ck*ng doo

my post still stands

Aqua has talent but he seems to try too hard should just relax and let his real game take care of it self

Think we should put SG on the right and Aqua in the hole with Yossi and Riera sharing the role on the left for the rest of the season

Lucas has been excellent this season and in his current form deserves his spot in the team the same cant be said about Aqua

Pacheco>>>Aqua

Based on performances and impact

2 european games and against Wolves

He isnt a striker he is most similar to someone like Aimar rather than a striker a number 10 rather than number 9 although he used to be one at youth levels at Barca apparently

We should be blooding him in but f*ck knows whats wrong

At Arsenal he would have played 15 games by now

Aquilani is still adjusting I think he'll show what he's all about next season, he's shown glimpses to suggest to me he is a top player.

It's always difficult coming into a team in poor form even more so when you're being hailed as a saviour before even kicking a ball, I think the pressure influenced him to try too much at times.

Where the f*ck is aquilani meant to play because he cant play cm in this league imo

He is too careless and urgent in his play

Needs to a be more methodical head in that position

Im convinced we have the worst medical and scouting team in the whole country along with a manager that doesnt ACTUALLY know what the f*ck he wants his squad to be like

I think that's why Rafa has been so reluctant to play him, he kind of reminds me of how Gerrard used to be in the sense he tries passes that are over adventurous too many times.

I think he'll get the message and use his head a bit more.

lol the standard of our medical team is definitely questionable.

That Wayne Rooney lad.

Come like a brand new signing with that Ronaldo kid gone, the cuffs are off.

On a serious note, Villa's defence have been solid, very impressed by Collins and Dunne even though Dunne made a bit of a mistake last Sunday. Everton's signings, Bilyaletdinov and loan signing Donovan have been good for them (beside the miss against Spurs he has been pretty good).

Verminators been very good. Valencia's getting there, had his moments so he can count as decent signing, neither good nor bad.

90% of City's signings have been shite tbh. Beside Given I can't think of anyone else who has been great. De Jong's been alright. If rumours are true and City paid £47 million for Tevez then I can't class him as a great signing just cos of the fee paid. Oh Adam Johnson has started off quite promising, didn't have his best game against Chelsea but looks like he has the talent, could count as a good City signing.

O'Hara at times has been very good for Portsmouth, no doubt he'll be sh*t when he returns to Spurs again. Dindanes been good for Portsmouth's standard too, but I think his sh*t otherwise.

Tuncay for Stoke not got many goals but for the fee they paid it was worth paying, his performances even off the subs bench have helped turnaround some games.

f*ck it ill wait till the end of the season before i conclude on the city center backs vs the villa ones

think theres a lot more factors then people are judging them on

LOL at Valencia neither being a good or bad signing,

He's been a very good signing,

along with Evra and Rooney he's been among our top 3 players of the season.

He's simple but effective,

Everyone's entitled to their opinions but looking at the way he started the season he has been hit and miss, some good games, some poor games. Then being dropped from the team and then since Nani's suspension he has looked that bit better.

League Cup Final he wasn't great tbf, he had his 20 or so minutes but countless times he could have taken Warnock on and put a decent delivery in he did neither, he got himself in good positions but didn't deliver especially when we had 2 strikers on. 2nd half he was better I admit and he did pick out Rooney twice.

After kind of setting up Berbatov's goal against Everton he was nowhere to be seen, was quite poor then. Against Milan he was simply brilliant I think, his direct style of play got us back in the game.

I think it was the League Cup 1st leg against City where Rafael played as RB and a group game in Europe where Neville played as RB where Valencia just didn't look like he knew when to use the overlap and when to take a player on, so many times he chose the wrong option.

With those recent examples and for those reasons I don't count him as a good signing or bad signing, more recently he is becoming more effective though, so come end of season he most likely will fall in to good signing category.

Bobby Zamora (Unfortunatley)

Lol.

He joined in 2008.

Niko = Best value for money + Performances this season

Villa's defence is ridiculously good. Dunne is a badman

Somebody mention Benitez from B'Ham? he's like fuller essential to the team his doin well in my opinion

worst would have to be Lescott just cant justify the money spent

lOL @ the fishing in the opening post

Johnson is the best right back in the premiership. Top 5 selected in the world.

In regards to Aquilani.. He hasnt even played much.. And considering he was laid off for MONTHS he has jumped on adapted quite fairly.. Better than most man tbh

Next year will be the year you can judge him. Not now.

Best signings:

Lee Chung-Yong

Kranjcar

Tevez

Given

Kyrgiakos

Vermenator

and Valencia.. In 2 minds about him.. He has grown on me tho. Can be VERY effective if he gets the ball consistently.. Or he just drifts out of games