Waddle - " Walcott is any land speed car with no ECU "

Heero Yuy

TBH I dont think the converting thing has hindered him, cos he wasnt a baller or striker from young, its different to say Vela. Playing on the wing should really have helped him as a player, the problem however is I think he gassed himself up into thinking he naturally is a striker and is Michael Owen's protegee.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C/S whoever said theres a good player in Walcott somewhere. IMO a big factor that many people overlook is confidence and he clearly has none. I'm not sure if Injuries have knocked him mentally or what because whenever he seems to find abit of form he gets sidelined. /I know Youtube can make any player look sick but this is just abit of food for thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rvmubh8jqQ

When he uses his attributes in the way they are supposed to be used he is a good player, and with a abit of work could become alot better

The assist against Blackburn for RVP's goal is exactly what I'm talking about...If we vary it a lil' with him, he will be a problem. There are games when we need on the right, days he's needed on the left & if developed more, he'll be a major problem down the middle.I don't think age should be talked about no more, but c/s there being a player in him somewhere.

Arsène Wenger has launched a staunch defence of Theo Walcott and insists that the Arsenal youngster has a “great future” ahead of him. Walcott was criticised in the wake of England’s 3-1 win over Egypt on Wednesday – only his eighth start of an injury-hit season – and some have questioned whether the 20-year-old will make the cut for Fabio Capello’s World Cup squad this summer. Radio summariser and former England international Chris Waddle even claimed that Walcott “does not have a football brain” but Wenger dismissed those comments and stood up for his player at his pre-match press conference. “I believe he has not only a football brain but he has a brain,” said the Frenchman. “That means he will continue to develop at a very quick pace. Don't worry for him.“I believe for a while maybe people expected too much of Theo and now they are too hard with him. “I believe Theo will be a great football player, he is very young, he will be 21 this year, and he will have a great future. I believe in him because he has a fantastic attitude, he's an intelligent boy and he is highly motivated. These players always improve.”