Females & Finances...

Michel Kane

As you're growing up, has there been a point where money or the things money can bring, played an important part in your relationships with women?I'm talking to this girl now, met her 2-3 weeks ago. 22, graduated, working in fashion, yadda-yadda-blah-blah-blah....She's 'kinda' cool, but she's adamant that any serious man she f*cks with, should preferably be driving, job/educated, be able to treat her (not in a gold-digging kinda way), bathe in Evian water, etc.Some of it bordering on shallow, if I'm being honest. But then I got to thinking.A. It's perfectly fair to expect SOME of those things from a MAN, if as a WOMAN, you're willing to hold it down.B. Some may see it as a shallow approach to dating, but if I only approach girls of a certain beauty, am I not showing a sort of shallowness myself?I'm getting older now and my taste in general, has altered slightly. So the things I'm into, require me to be in a certain position financially. And you want to share those things with a woman, so that's an added incentive to make sure your money's right. There's the courting aswell. I like courting TBH, it's a nice element to dating.But I also get the feeling that once I get older, and I'm in a financial position bordering on luxury, that will lessen the value of a woman, to an extent. It's like, I feel that money, will be too much of an appeal for them & it'll be the case of one night stands & short-term flings happening all the time.Anyway, I'm going on. Chime in. I think it's an interesting area to look at...

interesting maybe, but its certainly nothing newmy stance is that if the woman can provide certain things for herself, and has reached a certain level in her life its reasonable to want to be with someone whos on her level or higherwhen a mans not doin as well as the woman in a relationship, more often than not it breeds resentment from one side or bothpersonally, at the stage i am now, ambition has to be there, i'm only 23, as long as the guy has genuine ambition an is makin steps then i'm downyou can never expect more than you can put inmakin more money will only 'lessen the value of a woman' if you let itgenuine is genuine, money can't replace love1

Guest Tulse Hill

ages is just a number,you work, you diedont forget to play hard as long as u got a place to live and you can afford food then why should you care about reaching the top, ie marketing executive of multi billion pound companyby time u get thhere, you'll be 50your money won't be worth nothing, no one wants an old manyetif you waste your time on girl now then you wont be getting to that job at 50its a lose loseenjoy family and friendsdont let money ruin your lifemost people who are well off never came up through the system me and you are trying to come throughparents are minted, paid their way to the top - fair play if you have itunless you are a rapper whos succesfull u wont really be ballingeven if you make 100k through crime you cant live off thatyoull just get deeper n deep then caught

iv never been too big on giftsi prefer creativity my ex drew a picture of me out of the blue and gave it to me 1 day when we were having dinnerstuff like that is great imo but we all have different needs we want catered to if he cant make me THINK, i lose interestinfact, those brothers that have splurged on gifts and outings never lasted very long

Guest M12 Part 2

i think its perfectly fair.we move through different stages in life.a girl like that with education job own flat etc being serious with a guy still in uni getting loan and catching bus doesnt really work. if we are brutally honest in that kinda relationship 1 person is baggage and i can fully see why she would only want to be with someone either as financially independent or moreso than herself

Guest M12 Part 2
what do you do for a living mate?
if thats aimed at me im a student.and yes it applies to me too. its not common sense for me to think i can wife a 23 year old chick on 25k a year at this stage in my life.

im down with what Kurious said tbh im all for creativty, thats not to say that i havent had a materialistic mentality in the past im kinda in a transition phase changing and all that. Right now at 22 soon to be 23 if can show you have ambition (like smaddy said) and are taking those steps to make sh*t happen + open minded to elevation on all levels mind, body, and soul i'll be down.

• Upvote 2

Guest Lemons

I'm a pretty chivalrous guy so I generally just pay for things without considering it.For example, going to Paris at the end of the month and she was saying she was going to give me half the money for the trip but in my mind I want to take her to Paris, I don't want to go to Paris together. If that makes sense.It's not really a big deal though, I usually pay for dinner, she'll pay for drinks before/after or whatever. We both work so it's all casual.

Welcome to the real World.
This.The calibre of partner you'll ultimately end up with is pretty much determined by the calibre of person you are, without stating the obvious.Rich/Poor romances don't work.This is why I laugh when I see dreamers punching above their weight.

Alot depends on when n where ur meeting da girlEvery girl has a criteria but always alters itI memba when I f*cked a sloane ranger, on road she wudnt ave looked twice at me, but at a friends party, with drink flowing, my charm & humour amongst other things, twas easy 2 stick the toad in the hole

Guest Lisa Turtle

Marlon life isn't so black and white. It does work for some, and when it does it tends to be the male that is the more financially secure partner in the relationship. I don't know personally of any male that would be comfortable with their girl/wife having much more money than them.Punching above your weight is such a horrible phrase! Some people are always trying to elevate and the only reason why I would devalue such efforts are if they are for purely selfish/malicious reasons.

iv never been too big on giftsi prefer creativity my ex drew a picture of me out of the blue and gave it to me 1 day when we were having dinnerstuff like that is great imo but we all have different needs we want catered to if he cant make me THINK, i lose interestinfact, those brothers that have splurged on gifts and outings never lasted very long
C/S Kurious about creativity and using their imagination, I wont lie though, I was/am slightly spoilt so i do like big gifts and they dont go unappreciated.Theres nothing wrong with spoiling your partner IMO.When I first got with my partner I earned more than him, but he didn't know for ages what I actually did or that I even had horses. When he came and saw what i did and the horses he was gobsmacked. He asked me why I hadn't just told him, I explained that people have preconcieved ideas about people with horses, etc. He is infact helped me to save I used to blow money on stupid stuff Holiday all the time and go wild, He does accountancy so has helped me to make the best of what I have.

in terms of materialistic i disagree, emotionally, physically etc, partners and dads are totally separate entitiesim talking about the sensation you get from receiving something new, what they call retail therapylike the song 'throw it in the bag'soz my pops was doing that with me when i was 12 years old, obviously that is his duty and times were different then economy wise, but the elation i felt knowing i could go into the store and have anything is something that seems so irrelevant to me now compared to thenthen my dad would have got me LA gears and now a man would get me some decent boots, its the same ting, you want cuz it is in fashion, only thing different now is that you can support yourself but feel because you are this socio-construct of what it means to be in a relationship, you feel your partner is obliged to do so b'cuz ur 'wifey'and vice versa,' i have to buy him something, he is my man' is not the same as 'ricky will like this leme get it'the way i see it, if we both make money, i get to buy things i know i like with my money and you get to do the same with yours, no confusion

• Upvote 2

Marlon life isn't so black and white. It does work for some, and when it does it tends to be the male that is the more financially secure partner in the relationship. I don't know personally of any male that would be comfortable with their girl/wife having much more money than them.Punching above your weight is such a horrible phrase! Some people are always trying to elevate and the only reason why I would devalue such efforts are if they are for purely selfish/malicious reasons.
yh

Alot depends on when n where ur meeting da girlEvery girl has a criteria but always alters itI memba when I f*cked a sloane ranger, on road she wudnt ave looked twice at me, but at a friends party, with drink flowing, my charm & humour amongst other things, twas easy 2 stick the toad in the hole
But you wouldnt have been able to hold the girl, irrelevant of if you'd want too.

But you wouldnt have been able to hold the girl, irrelevant of if you'd want too.
yh maybe but i didnt want a relationship with her, we are on the same intellectual level but not financial levelWe are still cool now (partly coz she gets me into the members only bars in mayfair n chelsea) so ur probz right as our friendship is based on what she can give me & u cnt have a relationship wer 1 person has all the riches lolTiming & where u meet these chicks is so key imo, but ive met chicks who wont look at u if u aint making at least 60k or wont talk 2 u if u didnt graduate from a red brick uni or imperial or OxbridgeI personally kno no limits