Let me manage South Africa

Gunner

Former South Africa striker Shaun Bartlett has expressed his delight at the inclusion of Kermit Erasmus in the national squad to travel to Brazil.

The Excelsior hitman has yet to make an appearance for Bafana, but Bartlett believes the World Cup could be the stage to launch the Port Elizabeth-born youngster as a superstar.

"In the World Cup I'd probably play someone like Erasmus, but you got to partner him with either Benni (McCarthy) or Katlego Mphela," he told Football365.co.za.

"But whether (Carlos Alberto) Parreira will play Erasmus is another question, because he doesn't have the international experience.

"But Erasmus will be my choice. The World Cup is there to make superstars and it could be a platform for Erasmus to launch his international career.

"So far he's scored nine goals in 21 games for Excelsior in Holland and that's not bad at all for this youngster.

"He is a good striker and he proved that during the U20 World Cup last year. He must be given the opportunity.

"The problem with Parreira is that he is too loyal to certain players. If a player is not on-form give him a rest and give others a chance, that's where the likes of Erasmus come in."

The former Kaizer Chiefs hitman says he was left surprised by the exclusion of Santos midfielder Erwin Isaacs and Racing Santander defender Nasief Morris.

The 23-year-old has scored eight goals in 24 league games for the People's Team this season and Bartlett believes that 'Apple' should have got the nod.

"Where is Erwin Isaacs in this squad? That's a surprise for me that he is not there. In this squad, we don't really have a striker who is agile and quick, everyone in that squad is one-dimensional," he added.

"Where is the variety?

"I also want to see Nasief Morris back in the squad, the fact is he is our only player playing in La Liga and surely we can't ignore that.

"Like I keep saying defensively we are not solid. We need Morris' experience. Some of the guys at the back are not quick anymore, but Nasief's reading of the game is exceptionally good.

"We definitely need him in that squad. There was a clash of personalities between him and (Joel) Santana and that's probably the reason he was not in the Confed Cup squad but I have never seen any indiscipline from him on and off-the-field or saying anything bad. We need him."