The Race for 4th Is Over COYS

Guest Malcolm Tucker

Guest Malcolm Tucker
Only 4 pts ahead with 7 games to go and no Defoe.We were never gonna beat Utd didn't even post about the game.Man City have a far better chance don't understand what you are laughing at remember ''Lasange gate''
defoe will be back next week, lennon could even be back....weve got 8 games left.april will decide it for us anyway.

Guest Malcolm Tucker
Everton just 3 points behind Pool now knocking on their doorfight for 6th place is underway
:D everton 9 wins in 13.not quite liverpools 10 match unbeaten streak tho.

MON is so overrated, how can your team fade put 3 seasons in a row?I heard he's spent around 180m since he's been at villa with a net spend of like 80mand what have you got to show for it? nuff average players and long ball football. Only buys I rate are Carew, Young and Milner, petrov rest are poorO'Leary did more for your club tbh. Brought through youngers like gabby, davis, ridgewell, cahill, hitzlesperger Bought Laursen but MON took the credit/sold most of them

MON is so overrated, how can your team fade put 3 seasons in a row?I heard he's spent around 180m since he's been at villa with a net spend of like 80mand what have you got to show for it? nuff average players and long ball football. Only buys I rate are Carew, Young and Milner, petrov rest are poorO'Leary did more for your club tbh. Brought through youngers like gabby, davis, ridgewell, cahill, hitzlesperger Bought Laursen but MON took the credit/sold most of them
Only one I rate is Milner and even then he's just a decent hardworking footballer who does the basics very well.Average team + overrated managerLoved it when Wenger was getting at them, MON was pissed for a good few weeks pmsl.

Guest Malcolm Tucker

its joke how everyone is saying liverpool should win all there remaining games.should is a huge word for liverpool this season.

Only one I rate is Milner and even then he's just a decent hardworking footballer who does the basics very well.
I dont get this part.Surely if hes hardworking, and does the basics 'very well' as you put it, that makes him a good footballer?imo Milner is sick, Young is decent when he wants to be, Warnock is a solid LB as well.But anyone who pays money for Heskey gets zero credit from me im afraid.

Only one I rate is Milner and even then he's just a decent hardworking footballer who does the basics very well.
I dont get this part.Surely if hes hardworking, and does the basics 'very well' as you put it, that makes him a good footballer?imo Milner is sick, Young is decent when he wants to be, Warnock is a solid LB as well.But anyone who pays money for Heskey gets zero credit from me im afraid.
Well that's essentially what I'm saying. :huh:Milner isn't sick but he's a decent enough footballer. Rest of them names you mentioned are just average ballers playing where they belong at a midtable team. Never really understood the Young hype, Capello knows tbh.

O'Leary tried to sell Gabby to Small Heath for £1million.Davis & Ridgewell are absolutely gash, MON got good money for them.Cahill was a mistake, but his attitude wasn't right and we've three better centre halves now. Gardner's Premiership class but we've got better and got good money for him.Luke Moore was a good sale too.Gregory signed Hitzlsperger and he left on a free under O'Leary 18 months before MON came.MON has spent closer to £140million over 4 seasons, about £90million net. If Freddy Shephard hadn't have called him back we'd have had Milner on deadline day 2006 for £4million.Friedel, Guzan, Luke, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Milner, Petrov, Ash, Carew were all great business.Cuellar is a good player./We lost by 6 goals, it was awful. It doesn't change much. Citeh lost to Boro and Chelsea 8 and 7 the last couple of seasons IIRC, under Sven and Hughes. Didn't Everton get bodied 6 or 7 a couple of times the last few years?Like always we aint good enough to get 4th. He's still doing a good job. We can't afford to pay £100k a week+ wages, and don't have London factor to compensate. We're third choice for most big players behind Citeh and Spurs (Delph and Ash being among the very few exceptions - and they were a million miles away from being 'big').That said I think he'll walk in the Summer if we lose to Chelsea in the semis.

• Upvote 1

Also, not knocking Moyes but the Everton thing is massively mis-portrayed.His net spend is low, but it wouldn't be so low if Man Utd didn't give him £30million for a 16 year old that he inherited and Man City gave three times the market value for an alien-headded centre half.As well as this he bought a load of sh*t at the right time.£6million on Koldrup, £10million on Andy f*ck*ng Johnson, £6.5million on James f*ck*ng Beattie.All massive, massive flops. But he made the money back on those players because of the market boom. When he signed Beattie £6.5million was massive money. 2 years later he sold him to a Championship club for pretty much all of that.And as much as they're good players, £25million on Yakubu and Fellaini? Mad overpriced.If the two Manc clubs gave us £60million for Nathan Delfouneso and James Collins would that suddenly make MON a genius in the transfer market?

• Upvote 1

Oh, and as for our yearly March faltering. It's out style of play. We don't retain possesion enough. We work twice as hard as most teams during games and we get knackered earlier on in the season. Especially as we don't rotate.Last two years were understandable. We didn't have the squad to change. This Summer he said at a fans meeting he 'wanted to make us more a better footballing side'. We saw the change at the start, when Warnock, Dunne and Collins came in driving out the back with the ball it was a breath of fresh air. We were knocking it about and playing some really good stuff. Since January when we've tired and he's not switched it up we're just gone back to being a counter-attacking side and it's shown.I don't know what it is, training methods or just general tiredness or whatever but he needs to learn from it and sort it for next year. If he's still here.

Yakubu was an established Premier League goalscorer, £11m is about right. Overpiced? No.Fellani is a very good footballer, had a solid first season and was justifying the money spent this season up until the injury.Look at all his other buys; Cahil, Arteta, Baines, Saha, Pienaar, Jagielka etc. Moyes is a better manager, easily.