Emmanuel Eboue

Francis Coquelin

One of those players you just love to watch, always full of surprises. Thought he was finished when he got sent off in the NLD but that lovable scamp has found his way back into our hearts.Absolute joy to behold.Favourite player at Arsenal./we need to turn 'blame it on eboue' into a positive chant. too catchy to go to waste

What fickleness?I've been defending him on here and IRL since the bandwagon began in 07/08. When he got sent off against spuds Villa were something like 6 points ahead of us with no signs them slowing down. Guarantee you he would have been held partly responsible if we finished 5th.

was sick at RB b4 sagna then didnt rate him when he was pushed into midfield but he has improved looks dangerous when he runs with the ball nowcan tell he loves the club as well, watchin post match last night he was the only person still on the pitch like 20 mins after the game gave his shirt to someone in the crowd etc just clappin the fans on his ones, good guy

Guest Intervention

Getting made to look like CR9 against porto>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Back to earth with a thud soon I expectNB - he is a solid right back i suppose, though has the decision making of Diaby going forward.

His flack largely was Wenger's fault, but he was helped by Arshavin's signing, then the return to fitness of Rosicky. Less game time opportunities in forward positions means to keep him happy Wenger has to rotate him in his prefered RB position. Stays around the team to stay fit and look fresh whenever called upon.

To be honest i thought nobody has ever criticised him as a RB. I remember being at that game he got booed at and it seemed to me more people were pissed at Wenger for playing him at left wing when clearly his form and confidence was already shot to bits. This season he has played really well and glad he has turned it around. Have no problems with him starting over Sagna at RB.Apparently Roma are lurking looking to make a bid.

To be honest i thought nobody has ever criticised him as a RB. I remember being at that game he got booed at and it seemed to me more people were pissed at Wenger for playing him at left wing when clearly his form and confidence was already shot to bits. This season he has played really well and glad he has turned it around. Have no problems with him starting over Sagna at RB.Apparently Roma are lurking looking to make a bid.
I have because I dont think he's a good right backBecause he's fast and direct people get excited but he can't defend well

Guest Intervention

He's pretty much the same as Sagnaneither of them are that great at reading the game or positioningthey make up for it with their athleticism though, plus bein pretty good one-to-one tacklersbut then boy I think a lot of your defenders could be better if your manager actually instructed them in the art that is defending..

Sagna is better than him defensively, TBH I think the only reason people say they prefer Eboue at RB is cos Sagna cant cross!
Another reason people prefer Eboue is his ability to drive with the ball, and draw in opposing defenders & make space. Something else Sagna can't do.Best aspect of his game IMO.

Emmanuel Eboue's agent has dismissed reports linking the Arsenal man with a move to Roma.Reports emanating from Italy have suggested Eboue could be a summer transfer target for Roma, along with Gunners team-mate William Gallas.Eboue endured a difficult season last term, but he has played his way back into favour this campaign with a number of impressive performances.The Ivory Coast international's agent, Franjo Vranjkovic, insists Eboue is happy at Arsenal and that he has had no contact with Roma."It isn't true that Emmanuel is close to Roma," Vranjkovic told romagiallorossa.com."He is happy in England, he has a nice role. I don't understand why this news has spread in Italy."Roma has had no contact with me or with our staff. I can say with confidence that the player is very happy in England and it is unlikely he will move."

Guest Tulse Hill
LOL @ everyone claiming to be behind him.When it was only me at the time.
u didnt bark loud enough soni barked theo up, made guys listen, now they wear TW14 on back of their shirts

Arsène Wenger believes Emmanuel Eboue's attitude is helping him develop into a "complete player." The Ivorian defender received criticism from the media and some Arsenal fans last season but recent performances have earned him standing ovations from the Emirates Stadium crowd. But that isn't a surprise to manager Wenger, who believes the defender's extrovert personality, positive approach and natural ability have helped him overcome some difficult moments. "I believe it is like Theo [Walcott]," said the Frenchman. "He [Eboue] was criticised last year and came back with the right attitude. Put the right performances in and people will love you. "We are not loved for what you say when you are a football player but for what you produce on the football pitch. Sometimes we tend to forget that. He did that right. Theo did too. "He [Eboue] is developing into a complete player - he can play full-back, right midfield, left midfield. He is a great football player. Emmanuel Eboue starts now to get the credit he deserves. He has a fantastic attitude and loves the game. "He is an extrovert who has some talents not only on the football pitch but he can be funny. He uses that in a very positive way for a good mood in the squad. "His best position is right back or right midfield. When we want to be a bit more solid we use Sagna and him on the right flank. "But he is a very creative player. Full-back is a very important position in modern football, if you start well there - the quality of your pass and of getting out of pressure most of the time in the modern game comes through the wings and starts with the full-backs."

Would prefer Eboue at RB over Sagna these days to be honest. Eboue poses a more potent attacking threat and he can defend as well as Sagna. Would be interesting to see some head to head stats over goals conceeded while they've played at RB.Sagna's crossing is terrible, and if his crosses aren't connecting due to others not attacking the box - he needs to learn to look up and then take the appropriate action. He must hold the Premisership record for unconverted crosses.