Roll Deep - Good Times

Guest Malcolm Tucker

Look at the top 10. Completely filled with UK "urban" acts. How long will this current wave last? The other day I saw a music video for a UK artist called Aggro? (sp?). Never seen or heard of him before, today I'm reading in the paper how he recorded that tune with a chick from p*ssy Cat Dolls. So from out of the blue this dude will probably get a top 10.

I've just looked at the chart thinking you were exaggerating. wtf happened to Pro Green, didn't think he'd be making these type of tunes as well.

Look at the top 10. Completely filled with UK "urban" acts. How long will this current wave last? The other day I saw a music video for a UK artist called Aggro? (sp?). Never seen or heard of him before, today I'm reading in the paper how he recorded that tune with a chick from p*ssy Cat Dolls. So from out of the blue this dude will probably get a top 10.

I've just looked at the chart thinking you were exaggerating. wtf happened to Pro Green, didn't think he'd be making these type of tunes as well.

Always used to hear Plan Bs tune on the radio, didnt even clock thats his style now for time

Guest WAVESURFER

The song is terrible, but good for them.

I remember when I first heard "Shake A Leg" I was utterly convinced it was gonna be Roll Deep's first #1 hit, looks like I jumped the gun by a few years.

I remember when I first heard "Shake A Leg" I was utterly convinced it was gonna be Roll Deep's first #1 hit, looks like I jumped the gun by a few years.

thing is Shek A Leg was actually alright, had a bit of humour, the music didn't even sound that cheap - was much better than this sh*t

I guess the verses on this new one may have been more catchy but still

Guest WAVESURFER

thing is Shek A Leg was actually alright, had a bit of humour, the music didn't even sound that cheap - was much better than this sh*t

Yh, most definitely. They got a lot of stick from grime fans for Shake A Leg, but I thought it was a cracking pop song, and very funny too.

This, on the other hand, is an abomination which I wouldn't even want my 10 year old cousin to listen to.

this has only done well because of the girl and the bait happy beat, its exactly what the commercial market wanna hear. its only cos "urban" has become more apparent that this can run with their name on it.

im not suprised it has done as well as it has, knew they hit the nail on the head when i first heard it. good on them i suppose, its been a long time coming for them.

not my cuppa, but then its not aimed at me so let them get on. they should change their name tho, cos they aint exactly rolling deep no more :lol:

Yh, most definitely. They got a lot of stick from grime fans for Shake A Leg, but I thought it was a cracking pop song, and very funny too.

This, on the other hand, is an abomination which I wouldn't even want my 10 year old cousin to listen to.

I think the Grime scene is so much more diluted at this stage ppl would accept tracks like Shake a Leg now, even though there was outrage from Grime listeners about that track when it dropped, but its because we've been subject to far more blatent attempts at urban pop over the last year or so our tolerance for this sh*t sound has gotten so high I bet people would actually think In At The Deep End was a strong album, when I know for a fact when it dropped it was audio rabies

Don't get me wrong I liked Shake a Leg but I know I got stick for liking it back then lol And tracks like When I'm Ere and Heat Up were bangers

Off-tangent bt I would have loved to have seen Kano - Ps & Qs do well back in the day, would have set a similar precident to what we hoped Giggs' Don't Go There would have...