Adel Taraabt

Black

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol that was joke.... how can you run circles round everyone then put a 5 yard pass out of play...he will learn...

• 2 years later...
Guest Tulse Hill

Adel Taarabt says he regrets joining Tottenham and has admitted he should have joined London rivals Arsenal instead.

The Moroccan playmaker had the chance to join the Gunners, but opted for White Hart Lane after European scout Damien Comolli left Arsenal for Spurs.

Taarabt was hailed as the new 'Zinedine Zidane' upon arriving at Spurs, however, he has failed to secure first-team football under both Juande Ramos and Harry Redknapp.

The 20-year-old talent is currently impressing on loan for QPR in the Championship and he still regrets not joining Arsene Wenger at Emirates Stadium.

Regret

"I was going to go to Arsenal and Comolli was there with Wenger," Taarabt told the Evening Standard.

"But he went to Tottenham so I went there. That was a big mistake for me.

"My friends in England - like Armand Traore and Abou Diaby at Arsenal - told me Tottenham were not the right fit for me.

"The big mistake was to sign for Tottenham and not go to another club when I first came over."

No return

Taarabt insists Redknapp believes in his ability but after failing to impress at Spurs he does not want to return following his loan with QPR.

"Juande Ramos didn't know me at all and I had one bad performance when we lost 4-1 to Newcastle and after that he never gave me my chance," he continued.

"Harry Redknapp told me I was a fantastic player with a big talent but he wanted me to go to the Championship, play some games and then come back to play for him. But I don't want to go back to Tottenham."

Guest Intervention

I should hang my boots up, I read the title as Vatican. Was thinking wtf has this got to do with Catholicism. Thought the title had flown over my head.