andrei arshavin agony uncle

The Somalian

Saw this in the sun yesterday

LOOK out Dear Deidre - Arsenal star Andrey Arshavin has launched his very own agony uncle advice column. The Ask Andrey section of the £70,000-a-week Russian forward's website tackles fans' questions on everything from the meaning of love to the reason for rain. And his thoughtful answers are a far cry from the usual "over the moon" reaction given by players. Andrey, 28, regularly calls on personal experiences with girlfriend Julia, 24, and their children, son Artyom, four, and daughter Alina, two. Here, DAVID LOWE picks out some of Andrey's gems and The Sun's Deidre assesses her new rival . . .

WHAT do you think people need pain for?

For people not to forget that they are mere mortals. Some people say that suffering purifies the soul.

Sometimes I feel so down. What shall I do?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2898772/Premier-ace-turns-Agony-Uncle.html#ixzz0ihzYFAd1

Try to overcome this situation. Think that after this bad streak there's definitely going to be a good one. Despondency is a sin.

I am 25 and still not married. My parents are upset about this. They say I may end up a spinster. But I don't want to get married yet - what should I do?

Step one: You need to find a scruffy, heavy drinker. Step two: Persuade him to marry you. I think for a small amount of money he will agree to fulfil the role of your fiancé. Finally, take this guy home. Tell your parents he will live with you. Next time they will think before forcing their opinion on you.

Some people say the rain comes when angels cry. What do you think?

I do not think it's angels' tears. It's simply a natural phenomenon. Although it sounds more romantic the way you put it.

Do you want your son to become a football player?

First of all I want Artyom to become an honest and healthy man. I'd like him to choose for himself what kind of occupation suits him. None of us will impose anything on him

What does love mean?

You have touched on a very delicate subject. I guess for every person it's something different, something very personal. For me, the perception of love is on an emotional level, rather than in words.

Can laughter prolong life?

We have a lot of fun during training at Arsenal. As for prolonging life? Scientists claim it does. If they claim this, probably they are right.

What is the meaning of a friend to you?

I think that I can call those people friends who are around not only when everything is fine, but also when it's hard - a friend in need is a friend indeed.

Do you take only deliberate actions or are you ever spontaneous?

Honestly, I try to think something over at first, but spontaneous decisions are the best and bring more satisfaction. This applies to football as well.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2898772/Premier-ace-turns-Agony-Uncle.html#ixzz0ii05yMfT

Andrei Arshavin will always be remembered as a true legend @ Arsenal, he's a funny breh, i remember when he 1st came to England, his 1st words were "im a Gooner" (in some Borat type Russian accent) LOL

Lol what is funny is he doesn't like women drivers then he gets in an minor car accident the other day with a woman driver.