Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Young £

Another Question... Temporary Car Insurance

12 posts in this topic

another question i kno... (aint there a thread for these random q's)

need to get a car out a pound for someone...

need to the car for 30 days minimum... for as CHEAP as possible, any of you know the best place to do so that you might have used first hand?

your under 25 yeah chale

aviva

or try quinn direct

is it in a police impound where they check all the documents first?

yer went there earlier

for my friend cos im fully comp, thought it meant i could take it out but in the small print of my insurance certificate stated i couldnt do so

they said he's options are too find someone whos fully comp insurance states they are allowed to drive any car out of a pound

or get me to insure the car temporarlily under me, but it would have to be for a minimum of 30 days, so im just wondering if anyone knew any cheap places

this was all at the charlton police pound by the way, the women did not say anything about age restrictions, but a number of people have said something about me having to be 25 or having to had my licsense for x amount of years

so im a bit baff'd really

thats alright the one i went to were cunts and knew all the tricks was birmingham though

wouldnt allow temporary insurance, want to make sure you taken out full cover for at least a year, and the insurance had to be in the registered keepers name

couldnt get anyone else to drive away as traders insurance wouldnt work unless that person was the registered keeper as they know people just get someone on traders to take the car out for them and then drive it again uninsured

got it sorted in the end though

becuase they seem easy going find someone on traders insurance if you can, or someone over 25 (as thats usally the age) with fully comp as they can pretty much drive any car away

did the officer say it had to be a minimum of 30days

as norwich union do temp insurance even for 1 day cos if they allow that just take that out instead

Usually with temp insurance u need to be fully insured with ur own car with the purpose of having the temp insurance for a second car

Swear inpounds dont take temp insurance, the one on a406 didnt for sure, they dont have a bar, dont have ur docs, then you aint getting it

Charlton?

On route to Cherry

No, the whole purpose of picking up a car from the compound is that you have full insurance and not just a 1 day one

only people who can drive it out are you (if you have insurance), someone in the trade and recovery