NY Golden Gloves 2010

Guillermo Rigondeaux

Shemuel Pagan who trains at my gym just won it for the 5th time in a row hes gonna go pro very soon so watch out for him.Here are all of the results if ur interested:men's finals -----------114 - Anthony Caramanno (Cops N Kids) dec. Jordan Rodriguez (Ardon Sweet Science); 5-0132 - Marlon Brown (Rockaway Ropes) dec. Wesley Ferrer (Brotherhood BC); 5-0141 - Shemuel Pagan (Mendez BC) dec. Carlos Teran (Cops N Kids); 4-1165 - Travis Peterkin (Kingsway BC) dec. Vincenzo D'Angelo (Competitive Edge)178 - Marcus Browne (Cops N Kids) dec. David Thompson (Brotherhood BC); 5-0+201 - Roberto Morban (Fort Apache) dec. Davon Jones (Gleason's Gym); 5-0women's --------112 - Nicole Dean (Team Freedom Form) dec. Sharisse Garcia (Winters/Westbury BC); 5-0119 - Christina Cruz (Cops N Kids) dec. Alexis Asher (Gleason's Gym); 5-0125 - Jody-Ann Weller (NYBG) stopped Melissa Itoh (Heavyhitters BC); RSC-4132 - Julie Anne Kelly (Mendez BC) dec. Camillie Curie (Gleason's Gym); 4-1hyy - Shannel Mathes (K-2 Boxing) dec. Naralie Pacheco (Juan LaPorte BC); 4-1men's - novice--------------152 - Peter Dobson (Bronxchester BC) dec. Gary Beriguette (Universal BC); 4-1178 - Michael Spiegal (Brotherhood BC) stopped. Aleksey Kuper (Rustam's BC); RSC-3 201 - Tomas Hardwick (Yonkers BC) dec. Earl Newman Jr. (Gleason Gym); 3-2

• 1 month later...
No. I only know the guys at my gym and a few guys at Starrett cause my old coach used to work there.Come with some footage of this guy..

Still amateur I think. Seems to be a bit of hype around him. Possibly 'cause he's got that black New York athlete attitude/cockiness./why is it such a mission to post a youtube video

looks ok but cant tell much from those vids except he likes to pitty pat and drop his hands. left hook lookin mean though.i looked for some of his results and he was knocked out in semi's of gloves last yr dont think he competed this yr.will look our for him next yr - i dont think he's gonna be troubling any of the top dogs anytime soon though.this is the guy u wana be lookin out for in the amateurs;

apologies if u already know the levsbest amateur in the world by about 2-3 levels. cant wait til he turns pro.

i'm just hoping he doesn't go down the "humble patriotic quiet man" route that so many of these e. euro amateur prodigies go throughi.e. they say they don't care about money and only care about repping their country so they never turn pro and end up rotting away in the AMA's. I'm one of the biggest supporters of AMA boxing but I think that it is such a waste to see someone sit in the AMA's and never get to shine on the world stage. I can already see a bit of that in him as it is./In one of them vids you see him in some sick whip (u know that must of cost big money in their country) blacked out windows etc and he says his influence is RJJ so I can see him going Pro for the mullah in the future./I think he should forget London 2012 and go for it right now. London 2012 will not be challenging for him.