Wiz Khalifa

Young £

‘WIZ KHALIFA DAY’ DECLARED IN PITTSBURGH

wiz-khalifa-day.jpg

Wiz Khalifa received a hero’s welcome when he returned home to Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh City Council honored the “Black and Yellow” rapper for promoting the city through his music and officially declared December 12, 2012 as “Wiz Khalifa Day.” With his pregnant fiancée Amber Rose, mother, and grandfather by his side, Wiz accepted the honor.

“Thank you guys. I really appreciate it. It means a lot to me,” said a humbled Wiz. “Even when I moved around when I was younger, everywhere I went, I told people I was from Pittsburgh. To come so far and to represent and to have everybody be proud of me and happy that I’m doing so well, I don’t even feel like I’m doing the greatest. I could do better and better. But with your guys’ support, I think I could be the best ever.”

His proud mother and grandfather also received proclamations from the city. The Taylor Gang leader later took to Twitter to thank everyone and deliver a message.

“First of all i wanna thank my grandfather Jibril Abdul-Hafith for bein an amazing person and the awesome things he does for the community,” tweeted Wiz, whose new album O.N.I.F.C. debuts at No. 2 this week. “I also wanna thank the city of Pittsburgh for making 12-12 ‘Wiz Khalifa Day’ in the burgh. Get stoned :-)”

http://www.rap-up.com/2012/12/12/wiz-khalifa-day-declared-in-pittsburgh/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...