HAYE VS RUIZ

Corrigan

lol at how facebook blew up for this fight, everyone going on like haye just KO'd Tyson and Ali in a 2 on 1 special.ruiz is garbage hes just a punching bag thats why hes ranked no. 27 in a terrible division. tell me who haye has fought that could really pose a legitimate threat in the HW.... Valuev NO, Ruiz NO, Monte Barret definitley not.. these are all old freakshows/shot fighters or bums who are average boxers at best. now i know the HW div is sh*t but even someone like Sam Peter with his fat ass would put away Ruiz in the first 3. And not to mention what someone like Klitchko or Solis would do..haye is the real deal but these fights are not a real test. all the casual boxing fans are being conned by these terrible opponents who are hyped up by british media and commentators in order to make haye's victories look better. lets see haye against a real boxer who is under 30 with fast hands and good boxing skills then we will be able to say if he's the next great HW. right how he's just a decent euro level fighter who shows some promise but has never been tested. is he gonna stay in the UK KO'ing bums and going on TV or take the plunge against someone overseas...
Just curious, but who would you say, apart from the brothers, are worthy opponents overseas?Same question directed at Joel.
what joel said + olandier solis, sam peter

I understand people have their opinion but come off it. Haye's 3rd fight in HW. Did you expect him to fight someone much stronger in his first fight than Monte Barrett? Then he was going to fight a Klitschko when Setanta went broke wasnt he? He fought Valuev to win a belt, good matchmaking imo. Hands were tied following the Valuev fight as he basically shifted Ruiz out of the way, so Ruiz was mandatory fighter. In those three fights he has gone from them offering 2 for 1 £60 tix @ the o2 vs. Barrett, couldnt even make it on Jonathan Ross prior to Valuev fight (to show how little they cared for him), to now a HW world title belt to his name and sold out MEN vs Ruiz.Give the guy a break. He has brought back some respectability to the HW division. Come like you want him to be Tyson or some sh*t. I mean dudes are talking about bloody Sam Peter like he is a somebody? He's a glorified punch bag. We all saw (or should have) Vitali demolish him in his first fight after a 3 year (?) hiatus from the game. Haye did look tired after the 2nd though. Nuff illegal punches too. But Ruiz's face got tumped off. Lets not forget what his nose looked like, face smeared with blood etc. Hats off to Ruiz though, he gave a valiant effortI guess you could say I'm biased, because I've been saying Haye will be that guy in British boxing for a couple of years, so I'm blatantly a fan.

• Upvote 1

imo he would only lose to peter if he tried to fight the same fight, he has alot of options in terms of approaches to fightsimo those 2 HW W's gassed him into thinking he could smash his way through HW's the way he did cruisersPeter is slow as sh*t his footwork is awful makes ruiz look like a ballet dancer tbh. But Haye has nothing to gain from fighting a sam peter plus he's potentially dangerous. might aswell go straight for wlad and if he loses he still made his money. and sameways wlad wouldnt have even got up from the shot that put ruiz down he has a decent chance vs wlad

Jas have you ever seen any footage of Solis? I think you are just saying that because you want to disagree with me.Also, Its not completely different.. Top amateurs more often than not become top pro'sThe fundementals of boxing are still the fundementals whether it be pro or am, just the aim changes. When you have been through the Cuban, Russian or American amateur programme and won olympic medals - you are going to be a superb boxer no matter what. It can also be argued that amateur takes more skill than pro, but thats a different topic alltogether. Solis is the product of the cuban amateur programme.. same as Rigondeaux and Gamboa. He is an olympic champion and has won various amateur competitions. Yes he has put on a lot of weight but he still put Barret away in 2, haye took 5.. and at the time Solis was a fat lump weighing in at over 270 LB. Now imagine if Solis has a big fight to train for against someone like Haye. He's been through tough training all his life, it would be no problem for him to get back down to around 225 and slaughter Haye. They are in different leagues. Haye is a great boxer, Solis is worldclass.

I understand people have their opinion but come off it. Haye's 3rd fight in HW. Did you expect him to fight someone much stronger in his first fight than Monte Barrett? Then he was going to fight a Klitschko when Setanta went broke wasnt he? He fought Valuev to win a belt, good matchmaking imo. Hands were tied following the Valuev fight as he basically shifted Ruiz out of the way, so Ruiz was mandatory fighter. In those three fights he has gone from them offering 2 for 1 £60 tix @ the o2 vs. Barrett, couldnt even make it on Jonathan Ross prior to Valuev fight (to show how little they cared for him), to now a HW world title belt to his name and sold out MEN vs Ruiz.Give the guy a break. He has brought back some respectability to the HW division. Come like you want him to be Tyson or some sh*t. I mean dudes are talking about bloody Sam Peter like he is a somebody? He's a glorified punch bag. We all saw (or should have) Vitali demolish him in his first fight after a 3 year (?) hiatus from the game. Haye did look tired after the 2nd though. Nuff illegal punches too. But Ruiz's face got tumped off. Lets not forget what his nose looked like, face smeared with blood etc. Hats off to Ruiz though, he gave a valiant effortI guess you could say I'm biased, because I've been saying Haye will be that guy in British boxing for a couple of years, so I'm blatantly a fan.
lol trust - I can't even be bothered to respond to some of the sh*t on here, lol @ mentioning peters, are you taking the piss?lol @ mentioning amatuers, then comparing it to prof*ck of.

lol trust - I can't even be bothered to respond to some of the sh*t on here, lol @ mentioning peters, are you taking the piss?lol @ mentioning amatuers, then comparing it to prof*ck of.
calm down lad ur not barry mcguigan

Jas have you ever seen any footage of Solis? I think you are just saying that because you want to disagree with me.Also, Its not completely different.. Top amateurs more often than not become top pro'sThe fundementals of boxing are still the fundementals whether it be pro or am, just the aim changes. When you have been through the Cuban, Russian or American amateur programme and won olympic medals - you are going to be a superb boxer no matter what. It can also be argued that amateur takes more skill than pro, but thats a different topic alltogether. Solis is the product of the cuban amateur programme.. same as Rigondeaux and Gamboa. He is an olympic champion and has won various amateur competitions. Yes he has put on a lot of weight but he still put Barret away in 2, haye took 5.. and at the time Solis was a fat lump weighing in at over 270 LB. Now imagine if Solis has a big fight to train for against someone like Haye. He's been through tough training all his life, it would be no problem for him to get back down to around 225 and slaughter Haye. They are in different leagues. Haye is a great boxer, Solis is worldclass.
amateur and pro game is completely different m8, on the one hand you have someone that is aiming to beat you by scoring more punches, on the other you have someone that wants to kill you once your both in the ring. very different tbhyou think someone with merely 16 fights is going to slaughter a seasoned pro like haye ?how is the world champion only "great", but someone with only 16 fights "world class" ?ure chatting sh*t saying he took him away in 2 and haye did it in 5, doesn't really prove anything tbh

amateur and pro game is completely different m8, on the one hand you have someone that is aiming to beat you by scoring more punches, on the other you have someone that wants to kill you once your both in the ring. very different tbhyou think someone with merely 16 fights is going to slaughter a seasoned pro like haye ?how is the world champion only "great", but someone with only 16 fights "world class" ?ure chatting sh*t saying he took him away in 2 and haye did it in 5, doesn't really prove anything tbh
ok u really want 2 get into this we canfirst i already said that the aim of the two is different - you are just agreeing with me. u need to go and study the amateur game and re-evaluate your view of it. it takes extreme BOXING SKILL to be a top amateur let alone an olympic champion. why do you think the majority of olympic champs are offered multi million contracts to turn pro? u think solis would be able to defect from cuba if he was average? solis beat savon twice mate. they were savons ONLY LOSSES, EVER in the cuban heavyweight div. and if u don't know who felix savon is go do ur research and then come back and tell me im talking sh*t. ask anyone who knows about boxing about cuban amateur pedigree. having an amateur rec of 227:14 is wordclass and having a medal collection like solis's is world class. haye has done nothing in comparison. second how is haye a "seasoned pro" with 25 fights and 1 loss? solis has been boxing longer than haye and competed in more competitions all over the globe. training as an olympian is equal to training as a pro, they take the same level of dedication and the same mindset. feel free to disagree but i don't think u really know anything about amateur boxing anyway.lastly - why does it not prove anything? solis, out of shape and fat, KO'd Barrett in 2 rounds - Haye 6 pack and all took 5. i never said that made him better than haye, it was merely another point of comparison between the two - the first one being that Haye wouldn't want none of Solis shice he already got beat by him in the AM's and never even tried to avenge his loss.we can go back and forth on this until the world ends but i know u don't know sh*t about amateur boxing and probably think its equivalent to the vaxhual conference in football (as in the competitors are nowhere near the skill level of the premiership). so until you actually go and do ur research i'm gonna let you exist in ignorance.ps for the record i'm not a haye hater i think hes a great boxer + good face for british boxing. but don't let his results gas you. there are people out there who would give haye a good fight and this was the original question that was posed to me. i reckon peter and solis would be good tests for haye.

:D you are jumping the gun abit m8all i said was that solis beating haye at amateur doesn't mean he will beat him @ pro.when did i say amateur doesn't need skill? All i said, was that it is a lot different to the pro-game, which we both agree on. So why are you getting mad?i know the cubans are sick @ amateuri dnt really know about this Solis guy, but saying he will slaughter haye because he beat him @ amateur isn't correcthaye would pummel Peters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkXL3M3JXs

on that showing, i dnt think haye will get slaughtered, and as clearly shown here if he catches solis it could easily be all over

Speaking of Cuban amateurs;Junior featherweight Guillermo Rigondeaux, a two-time Cuban Olympic gold medalist who defected last year and is one of boxing's top prospects, injured his back and withdrew Wednesday from his fight on Saturday night.Rigondeaux (5-0, 4 KOs) was scheduled to face experienced Reynaldo Lopez (30-7-3, 21 KOs) of Colombia at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla., on the undercard of the Andre Berto-Carlos Quintana welterweight title bout. HBO, which is televising, was slated to air highlights of Rigondeaux's bout, which is unusual for a fighter with so little pro experience.However, Rigondeaux, citing a sore back after some rough sparring with a welterweight, pulled out, show promoter Lou DiBella told ESPN.com."He said he hurt his back. What can I tell you? He pulled out," DiBella said.However, Rigondeaux (5-0, 4 KOs) is also changing trainers, which may be part of the reason for his withdrawal, although his promoter, Luis DeCubas, said the injury was legitimate.There was a lot of hype surrounding Rigondeaux's pairing with trainer Freddie Roach last summer. After working out with Rigondeaux for the first time, Roach compared the feeling he got working with him to the way he felt when he first worked out with Manny Pacquiao, who went on to become the pound-for-pound king. But now Rigondeaux and Roach have split, DeCubas told ESPN.com."His feeling is he's a two-time gold medal winner and he went all the way out there and felt there were too many fighters in the gym," DeCubas said of Roach's Wild Card gym in Hollywood, Calif. "Nobody was picking him up in the morning to run and he felt he should have been sparring with lighter guys, not 150-pounders. He wasn't getting enough attention from Freddie. He's very disappointed."Roach, however, was unhappy with Rigondeaux's conditioning and didn't want him to fight Saturday, according to a source close to the trainer.DeCubas said Rigondeaux is back in Miami, where he is based, looking for a trainer.

Speaking of Cuban amateurs;Junior featherweight Guillermo Rigondeaux, a two-time Cuban Olympic gold medalist who defected last year and is one of boxing's top prospects, injured his back and withdrew Wednesday from his fight on Saturday night.Rigondeaux (5-0, 4 KOs) was scheduled to face experienced Reynaldo Lopez (30-7-3, 21 KOs) of Colombia at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla., on the undercard of the Andre Berto-Carlos Quintana welterweight title bout. HBO, which is televising, was slated to air highlights of Rigondeaux's bout, which is unusual for a fighter with so little pro experience.However, Rigondeaux, citing a sore back after some rough sparring with a welterweight, pulled out, show promoter Lou DiBella told ESPN.com."He said he hurt his back. What can I tell you? He pulled out," DiBella said.However, Rigondeaux (5-0, 4 KOs) is also changing trainers, which may be part of the reason for his withdrawal, although his promoter, Luis DeCubas, said the injury was legitimate.There was a lot of hype surrounding Rigondeaux's pairing with trainer Freddie Roach last summer. After working out with Rigondeaux for the first time, Roach compared the feeling he got working with him to the way he felt when he first worked out with Manny Pacquiao, who went on to become the pound-for-pound king. But now Rigondeaux and Roach have split, DeCubas told ESPN.com."His feeling is he's a two-time gold medal winner and he went all the way out there and felt there were too many fighters in the gym," DeCubas said of Roach's Wild Card gym in Hollywood, Calif. "Nobody was picking him up in the morning to run and he felt he should have been sparring with lighter guys, not 150-pounders. He wasn't getting enough attention from Freddie. He's very disappointed."Roach, however, was unhappy with Rigondeaux's conditioning and didn't want him to fight Saturday, according to a source close to the trainer.DeCubas said Rigondeaux is back in Miami, where he is based, looking for a trainer.
Its no biggie.

ARENA’s Cuban heavyweight sensation Odlanier Solis advances to the no. 1 spot in the new WBC rankings. Originally „La Sombra“ was scheduled to fight Ray Austin in a final elimination bout but Austin declared to be unavailable due to legal problems. Therefore Solis took Austin’s spot in the rankings. „This is a great honour for Odlanier and ARENA“, stated promoter Ahmet Öner. „To become the no. 1 contender with only 16 pro-fights means something. Odlanier has been an amateur standout and also proved his extraorinary qualities since turning pro in 2007. I am convinced that he is the only serious threat to the Klitschko brothers today and I hope that he will get the chance to prove me right very soon..“But before facing WBC champion Vitali Klitschko Solis will have to suceed in his biggest challenge so far. Instead of Austin the three-time world amateur champion and 2004 Olympic gold medallist has been ordered to fight the next highest rated contender Nikolay Valuev in a WBC final elimination bout. The 7-foot-giant has lost his WBA championship title against David Haye by mid-decision last November and has an impressive record of 50 wins in 53 pro-fights including 34 stoppages.„I am sure that this fight will be an epic battle“, says Öner. „The whole world will watch when those two tanks collide in the ring. Solis is bringing the excitement back to the heavyweight division. He will end the Klitschko’s reign and on the way there hopefully become the first man to knock out the Russian giant.“