Why you shouldn't vote UKIP

O.Man

This is quite old (2004), taken from Richard Corbett's blog. Richard Corbett was Labour MEP for Yorkshire who lost his seat in 2009.

http://www.richardcorbett.org.uk/assets/docs/briefing/theres-something-about-ukip.pdf

I won't copy and past it all, have a look at the link above if you want more info.

They are openly racist

Dr Alan Sked, UKIP’s founder leader, 1993-97 has said: “They [uKIP] are racist and have been infected by the far right”

Robert Kilroy-Silk (UKIP MEP since 2004) wrote in the Daily Express: “They [Muslims] are backward and evil and if it is racist to say so… then racist I must be – and happy and proud, to be so”.In December 2003, he discussed what he called “bleating blacks and Asians” in Britain, asking “Why don’t they stop whining and get a life?” In the unrest following the Iraq war, Kilroy-Silk also went on record saying that “the orgy of thieving in Iraq has more to do with the character of the people than the absence of restraining troops. And to think that good, decent, law-abiding young British and American men and women laid down their lives to liberate this thieving mob”. He believes that “Moslems everywhere behave with equal savagery”. And he also referred to Ireland as “a country peopled by peasants, priests and pixies”. Robert Kilroy-Silk later apologised for this remark. Discussing Britain’s rise in HIV infections, he wrote “The indigenous population is not responsible... It is the foreigners that we have to focus on”.

Nigel Farage (UKIP MEP since 1999, leader of the UKIP group of MEPs in the European Parliament since 2004; former UKIP Chairman, 1998-2000 and cofounder, UKIP) told former UKIP leader Dr Alan Sked “We will never win the nigger vote. The nig-nogs will never vote for us”, according to Dr Sked.

Dr Richard North (UKIP’s former Research Director in the European Parliament, Brussels from 1999-2003) described our Spanish neighbours as “rag-arsed dagos” in a BBC TV documentary video, The Enemy Within , which UKIP has described as “a perfect tool for converting the sceptical… and showing at branch meetings”.

Peter Watson (Chairman, UKIP North Dorset branch) distributed anti-Semitic messages via e-mail, including one remark that read “Jewish merchant bankers [are] responsible for the ills of England”. The party refused to take any action when Labour MEP Gary Titley brought it to their attention.

Frank Maloney (UKIP’s candidate in the 2004 London mayoral election), visited Whitechapel in May 2004 and subsequently complained: “Barely anyone speaks English and to look around you would think you are in a different country”. (It was this remark that led Mayor Ken Livingstone to conclude, “UKIP are the British National Party in suits”.)

A UKIP leaflet circulated in South Derbyshire during the 2004 European elections expressed the view that the rest of Europe is ruled by “barbarians”.

They are openly homophobic

Frank Maloney (UKIP candidate in the 2004 London mayoral election) commented that he would not be campaigning in Camden because there are “too many gays”. He said “I don’t want to campaign around gays… I don’t think they do a lot for society”. Protesting that he was not homophobic, Maloney then added “In public let’s live a proper moral life – I think that’s important”.

In the European Parliament, UKIP has allied itself with the League of Polish Families (LPR), an extreme nationalist party that describes homosexuality as “a condition which is unacceptable from the moral point of view”.

They refuse to condemn terrorism

In January 2004, MEPs from several parties and countries received letter bombs. The targets included Gary Titley, leader of the Labour group of MEPs, whose assistant was injured in the attack. UKIP issued a press release in which they said that they could “understand the reasons behind [the attacks]”.25 In the face of widespread public outcry, the UKIP leadership then issued a statement in which they refused to withdraw their remarks and in fact congratulated their MEP Nigel Farage on making them. Mr Titley’s letter bomb attack was followed by a deluge of electronic hate-mailfrom people who endorsed UKIP’s views on terrorism. The party itself denied any involvement.

They don’t believe in equal opportunities

Godfrey Bloom (UKIP MEP since 2004) has notoriously declared: “No selfrespecting small businessman with a brain in the right place would ever employ a lady of child-bearing age”. He applied for a place on the Women’s Rights Committee of the European Parliament, saying “I am here to represent Yorkshire women who always have dinner on the table when you get home. I am going to promote men’s rights”. He wanted to deal with women’s issues because “I just don’t think they clean behind the fridge enough”.

Mr Bloom later said that employers should not “waste” money training pregnant staff, and added “Women don’t need protection nowadays – they’re the ones ruling the roost”. (Putting the icing on the cake, he protested: “Everyone thinks I’m anti-women.Where did they get that idea from?”. Former Conservative leader William Hague wrote “If he comes near my Yorkshire home and my wife, he’s gonna find his very thick head comes into contact with her heavy briefcase”.

Godfrey Bloom MEP has called for the abolition of the Equal Opportunities Commission, calling it “an anachronism”.

Their leaders are associated with the BNP

Nigel Farage MEP has admitted meeting Dr Mark Deavin (the BNP’s then head of research who had briefly infiltrated UKIP as Research Director and NEC member to pass on information about its work to the BNP until being expelled from UKIP in May 1997) over lunch on 17 June 1997 at the latter’s request, to discuss his defection from UKIP to the BNP. Farage was also photographed in June 1997 chatting to the BNP’s Tony ‘The Bomber’ Lecomber66 (who has served two prison sentences: he was jailed for three years in 1985 for possession of explosives, and for three years in 1991 for stabbing a Jewish schoolteacher).

… and with the National Front …

Andrew Moffatt (former UKIP parliamentary candidate in Beaconsfield at the 2001 general election) was a member of the Young National Front from 1977-79. Martyn Heale (Chairman, UKIP Thanet South branch since 2003) was a former National Front (NF) branch organiser in Hammersmith in the late 1970s and a NF candidate in the London borough of Hammersmith in the 1979 local elections. Heale later resigned from the NF and became Chairman of the West London branch of the far-Right, anti-immigration New Britain Party.

It's from 2004, so it may not be 100% accurate to date. I will try and find more reasons tomorrow. If there are good reasons to vote UKIP please post here.

Guest M12 Part 2

lol this is the 1st election where ive actually felt compelled to vote. the racism that is brewing up in this country is disgusting, how can parties be pushing overtly racist policies and not even trying to hide it and people are c/sing.

labour should be every1s first choice

lib dems 2nd

Guest Esquilax

Lol at this democracy, there must be something better out there.

It's so steeped in corruption and bad policies and blah blah blah I'm moving to Swizerland