Digital Economy Bill

ChickenCottage

How the costs of the Digital Economy Bill add up for ISPs

Basically the music and film industry (copy right holders) are going to incur 75% of the costs, the other 25% is going to be the ISPs. (the 25% is expected to cost around £500m over 10 years for ISPs according to the FT)

Which basically means in one way or another, we'll be the ones paying.....

SPs will also have to keep anonymised records of how often an individual subscriber has been accused of copyright violations, to keep a list of the worst alleged offenders, and provide copyright owners with the lists on request.

The example cases..... but I said in a similar thread that unless your on some 50gbs a week download ting your going to be flying under the radar.

Might be true but I need something more concrete than your personal opinion. That wasn't a send or anything btw.

The internet is just too sick, theres a way round everything and you better believe if theres not them cyber boys dem are on it already.

Tbh as downloaders the scene has had it easy for the past couple years. Swear the amount of sites that have gone down since I first used the web and another rose and took its place in 5 minutes

From when Microsofts products are getting cracked and manipulated then what hope does anyone have of keeping anything truely regulated

This Bill = Face Value only

BASICALLY

its a challenge for these cyber mandem to find ways around sh*t like this

Exactly.

You need to change the MINDSET & CULTURE.

how are the records anonymisedif they plan to keep a list of the worst alleged offenders, and provide copyright owners with the lists on request?

The information will be data that isn't personal to you, like your name DOB etc.

Probably stuff like account number, I.P address etc

what will the copyright owners do with the lists without any names?

how are the records anonymisedif they plan to keep a list of the worst alleged offenders, and provide copyright owners with the lists on request?

The information will be data that isn't personal to you, like your name DOB etc.

Probably stuff like account number, I.P address etc

The new law that means ISPs have a duty to pass on info otherwise they get £250,000 = The copyright holder will have the right access to customer information on the list at request. You're focusing on a very minor issue in the big picture here.

*Insert some sh*t about Speculate Speculating or some sh*t*

You need to change the MINDSET & CULTURE.

You seem to have mistaken UK government for a forward thinking leading political body instead of a government trying to retain it stronghold through ensuring business models stay afloat

C/S

Stephen Timms the Minister for Digital Britain who pushed this bill through thinks IP stands for 'Intellectual property'. That's the ignorance we're dealing with here.

Twitter exposure:

1pXlO.jpg

this is f*ck*ng stupid. i think its safe to saw that ppl will carry on downloading regardless. a few ppl may get inconvenienced by having their internet cut off, but cyber culture will evolve around this and there will be better ways to download.

they shudnt be able to cut ppl off the internet tho because its becoming a fundamental right. ppl almost NEED it for everything from work to just surfing.

If the government really wanted to exploit the whole illegal file sharing agenda, they should just add a broadband tax to everyone

that way, even though the music industry is loosing out to piracy, they will still be bringing in money from this new stealth tax paid by everyone

same principal like the benefit system

If the government really wanted to exploit the whole illegal file sharing agenda, they should just add a broadband tax to everyone

that way, even though the music industry is loosing out to piracy, they will still be bringing in money from this new stealth tax paid by everyone

same principal like the benefit system

this was proposed somewhere down the line

dunno what happened though

contact ISP who will in turn hand over ur details?

Only the police can request such information

and from someone that works in an ISP I can tell u that this wont change anything a mere formality.

similar to when they banned fox hunting

but it COULD lead to something more serious down the line, they are taking the necessary steps I aint gonna lie