Emigrating

Sub_Zero

good luck getting a VISA for America...

how did you get out there btw

slash @ angelo what happened in oz did u quit that quick?

i done what carpe said, post grad visa.

problem i have now is that i have met an american girl who i have been seeing for a while and i haven't said a word about my visa ending. infact i lied to her and said i could extend it whenver i wanted, when in reality it runs out in 5 months. she is talking about moving in together and going away for christmas etc lolol.. its a cold world bro's

problem i have now is that i have met an american girl who i have been seeing for a while and i haven't said a word about my visa ending. infact i lied to her and said i could extend it whenver i wanted, when in reality it runs out in 5 months. she is talking about moving in together and going away for christmas etc lolol.. its a cold world bro's

make her come england for a while, and blame it on the whole 50/50 aspect rather than Your expiring Visa. then admit the truth while she's over here.

• Upvote 2

make her come england for a while, and blame it on the whole 50/50 aspect rather than Your expiring Visa. then admit the truth while she's over here.

good lookin out bro but this ain't L&L im a big man I can handle my sh*t

ps. she ain't a kid with nothing, shes 30 this year got a job and yard and all sorts no way is she dropping everything and coming UK lol...

Next year alot of my family are moving to Florida, i thought about it and i would love to but the thought of starting again scares the crap out of me. Im too comfortable right now. Who knows when im older.

Not even sending but anyone who want to move to USA is looking to downgrade in life tbh. It is not a nice place to live.

was it difficult to get a post grad visa?

was it difficult to get a post grad visa?

Yes

Guest Swiftie

£9K+ p/m tax free, half of the house paid for..... YES PLEASE...

Bring a man.

Safe.

What's your IT skillls like? Any certifications?

i always think unless you have a job lined up you're gonna be putting yourself back a couple years, because most of our qualifications like A-Levels and even degree dont mean anything in different countries and you're gonna have to re-enter education or re-train. More hassle than its worth for me, but if a job came up i would emigrate for a couple years no qualms. Catch me in the middle east getting that tax free money

a nigerian man that works with my mum did his doctors degree in nigeria... he now has to re-do this exam in england, which is like 2 or 3 years...

can u imagine...

This is why it's all bout dentistry.. :rolleyes:

obv ur not gonna be sitting on ur arse in the uk, u will have to be going to and from the states to attend interviews and such. also u will obv have to be skilled and/or experienced to stand out among american applicants altho sum companies like a multi-national team. but ur not getting an H visa unless uve got sumwhere to go.

Getting a job in America is hard

but it isn't impossible, its a big place and there are opportunities there

you just have to put the work in

and as with any job, you will be better off with ur qualifications AND experience behind you

furthermore, there are jobs like I've said which are advertised to international applicants, so they welcome applications from people outside of America

the only point I ever try to make on this subject of emigrating is that there are possibilities out there

theres always someone gna come an tell u o you cant do this, cos of this that an the other

downers

• Upvote 2

Had a few friends move over to Oz, one just the other week.

Got another in New Zealand working as a tree surgeon (madman).

Semi tempted to try a ting myself but lol @ them man telling me coon is an acceptable term for asians over there.

McDonalds rawly advertise all their burgers include Tasty Coon cheese fam...

I took one glimpse at the menu and felt mad uncomfortable thinking about ordering that sh*t..

Walked out

Plus.. you lot must be bored of me saying it, but i emigrated in 07.. Still out here in Singapore.

I advise you to consider things carefully, then think about them again, then again , then again... The grass is not always greener. I guess it takes seeing both sides to really see that though..

If u get the opportunity... and you feel you can adjust to and or thrive in many different situations [skepta] Go on then [/skepta]

Had a few friends move over to Oz, one just the other week.

Got another in New Zealand working as a tree surgeon (madman).

Semi tempted to try a ting myself but lol @ them man telling me coon is an acceptable term for asians over there.

McDonalds rawly advertise all their burgers include Tasty Coon cheese fam...

I took one glimpse at the menu and felt mad uncomfortable thinking about ordering that sh*t..

Walked out

Plus.. you lot must be bored of me saying it, but i emigrated in 07.. Still out here in Singapore.

I advise you to consider things carefully, then think about them again, then again , then again... The grass is not always greener. I guess it takes seeing both sides to really see that though..

If u get the opportunity... and you feel you can adjust to and or thrive in many different situations [skepta] Go on then [/skepta]

why did you emigrate?

venom ur chatting sh*t. smaddy is right, u need a secured job offer from a us employer b4 u will be granted a visa.

you cannot secure a job from a US employer sittin on your arse in the UK. you are not eligible to work there so you have no hope of securing any job.

Gas

i know at least 3 people from my company who secured a job offer in the states without flying over there for an interview. Once they got it they promtletely f*cked off over the Atlantic. They had a phone interview and that was it.

venom ur chatting sh*t. smaddy is right, u need a secured job offer from a us employer b4 u will be granted a visa.

you cannot secure a job from a US employer sittin on your arse in the UK. you are not eligible to work there so you have no hope of securing any job.

Gas

i know at least 3 people from my company who secured a job offer in the states without flying over there for an interview. Once they got it they promtletely f*cked off over the Atlantic. They had a phone interview and that was it.

I think she they meant if you had no original ties to the company, it's damn near impossible to get a job over there unless you're really skilled

switching from a london office to a new york one is relatively easy as long as the company does the paperwork however

so you're both right :)

Gas

I think she they meant if you had no original ties to the company, it's damn near impossible to get a job over there unless you're really skilled

switching from a london office to a new york one is relatively easy as long as the company does the paperwork however

nah it wasn't an internal move. It was too a rival developer, lol.

• Upvote 1

Gas

nah it wasn't an internal move. It was too a rival developer, lol.

this happens

Friend moved to South Africa for work last year.

Found out that her job were moving and closing their UK branch and wanted her to come and work in South Africa. They offered her redundancy pay weather she moved to South Africa with them or not. They pay for her accomm for about 6 months i believe. Only problem was she had 3weeks to decide.

She decided to go. I email her now and again.

She is loving it.

Says she has found her home (Africa). She is black of Bajan origin, has cut off her hair to go natural and has told me she doesn't think she will live in the UK permanently again.

I advised her to go for it, as naturally its not an easy decision to make. She came back over for Christmas period, left originally for south africa around September/October.

She is learning the language, enjoying the weather, is a football fan (this girl actually knows a decent amount about football). Would be in her house on Saturdays (no sky) listening to the football on the radio ring me every time arsenal lost to gloat. She has tickets for the World cup , and all in all, i just hear pure positivity coming from her. Learning to surf, trying set up classes to help liberate the black people / up their self esteem out their, as she has said the racism is MAD AND BLANTANT. She is light skinned, they class her as coloured so she doesn't bear the brunt of it, but it makes her sick.

Asked me to bring my girl and son out their for holiday, tells me in a joking way that her firm has jobs (but i know she ain't joking).

Gas

its not gas. this is the problem, people pass on half stories as complete facts thinking thats all thats involved.

i also know 2 people in my office who have done the same like the ones you described. Howeever to the avg joe, thats what happened: they applied for work and got a job and had a telephone interview!

to those who they know really well, OR they choose to disclose the real situation: in one case, man got a job cos he used to live out there, and still has residency there. hes been in our office for 7yrs and still got a valid residency. he only told a few pple.

the other, got the job cos he once did work expnce and did a short course in the industry there.. networked well and an opp came about and he was ready to go. to everyone else he said he registered with an agency and they found him work.

unless the job is actually looking for an intl applicant in a specific industry, there is no way to just jump on monster.com and start applying for jobs. unless you can tell me your own immediate family member did this..all them "my friend this and that" stories are just half truths.

breh could be flying to meet an american chick he been chirpsing on FB to marry, and then claims he saw a job in the the new york post and applied.. thats the real gas.

i ahve looked into this myself from every angle, so unless you have done it yourself i dont give af*ck about your friends in the office.

hate it when pple give advice about sh*t they havent tried themselves ffs

Guest M12 Part 2

Gas

unless the job is actually looking for an intl applicant in a specific industry, there is no way to just jump on monster.com and start applying for jobs. unless you can tell me your own immediate family member did this..all them "my friend this and that" stories are just half truths.

c/s this

Gas

its not gas. this is the problem, people pass on half stories as complete facts thinking thats all thats involved.

i also know 2 people in my office who have done the same like the ones you described. Howeever to the avg joe, thats what happened: they applied for work and got a job and had a telephone interview!

to those who they know really well, OR they choose to disclose the real situation: in one case, man got a job cos he used to live out there, and still has residency there. hes been in our office for 7yrs and still got a valid residency. he only told a few pple.

the other, got the job cos he once did work expnce and did a short course in the industry there.. networked well and an opp came about and he was ready to go. to everyone else he said he registered with an agency and they found him work.

breh could be flying to meet an american chick he been chirpsing on FB to marry, and then claims he saw a job in the the new york post and applied.. thats the real gas.

i ahve looked into this myself from every angle, so unless you have done it yourself i dont give af*ck about your friends in the office.

did i tell you to give a f*ck? d*ckhead. Like you i'm putting my opinion and experiences of the situation forward. People in my industry move over to america and other overseas countries to work all the time. Its the way it is, Lol at monster.com. Agencies are always looking globally (in my line). These three people i happened to know pretty well. If there was some other caveat to their application then thats them but as far as i know there wasn't. This doesn't even count the others who have left my place and Stateside too.

You need to chill out. Just because the States doesn't want your faggot self it doesn't mean you have to try and shut down others.

• Upvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

Gas

did i tell you to give a f*ck? d*ckhead. Like you i'm putting my opinion and experiences of the situation forward. People in my industry move over to america and other overseas countries to work all the time. Its the way it is, Lol at monster.com. Agencies are always looking globally (in my line). These three people i happened to know pretty well. If there was some other caveat to their application then thats them but as far as i know there wasn't. This doesn't even count the others who have left my place and Stateside too.

You need to chill out. Just because the States doesn't want your faggot self it doesn't mean you have to try and shut down others.

tbh revs u just proved him right, if agencies are looking globally they have actively been told to find people outside of america. Its not a thing where u can wake up one morning and be like im a doctor in england, i can just go to america and apply for the same doctor jobs as american doctors. I agree though in some sectors there are opportunities because big companies actually want people from abroad. But dont get it twisted its them that make the first move, not a guy who wakes up and decides he wants to emigrate and transfer his skills.