Sad times...

JOHN DOE

Teenage shooting victim, Agnes Sina-Inakoju, dies in hospital

agnes_18_185x360_708304a.jpg

A teenage girl shot in the neck at a takeaway restaurant in East London died this morning

Agnes Sina-Inakoju, 16, was standing inside the chicken shop in Hackney when youths on mountain bikes fired through the window.

The Metropolitan Police said that she died this morning at a hospital in East London.

A local shopkeeper said: “I only heard one shot and I went out afterwards and the girl was on the floor.”

Detective Chief Inspector John Crossley, leading the investigation, said that it was “highly likely” that Agnes was not the intended target.

He said: “At this early stage we believe two males approached the premises on mountain bikes.

“One fired a shot through the window, hitting the victim, who was inside the premises with friends.”

He said that the suspects were believed to be black youths, aged between 14 and 18. Both were wearing dark clothing and made off down Falkirk Street towards Kingsland Road.

The shooting, at Hoxton Chicken and Pizza, is being dealt with by detectives from the Met’s Operation Trident, which investigates serious crime in the capital’s black community.

Police said that it was too early in the investigation to say if the shooting was gang-related. No arrests have been made.

A friend of Agnes, a youth worker who did not want to be named, said: “Agnes is so nice and bubbly. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

The takeaway restaurant was closed today and the scene was cordoned off with police tape.

Joe Cooke, owner of a local pie shop F Cooke, said: “My son has been telling me that the gang confrontation at the moment has really, really stepped up over the last two or three months. It has got really, really intense.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article7099383.ece

RIP

just to say

LEYTON: Murder probe launched after man dies from gunshot wounds

3:48pm Sunday 11th April 2010

Print

Email

Comments(10)

By Sian Harrison »

DETECTIVES have launched a murder investigation after a man died from gunshot wounds in Leyton.

Police were called to Seymour Road playing fields, off Lea Bridge Road, at about 12.50am today to a man suffering gunshot wounds.

Officers attended along with crews from the London Ambulance Service, but the 37-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police believe they know the identity of the deceased, but are waiting for formal identification and confirmation from his next of kin before they reveal it.

The perimeter of the park was cordoned off while officers examined the scene.

A post-mortem examination will be held tomorrow at Walthamstow mortuary.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police Service's anti-gun operation, Trident, are investigating the murder, but no arrests have yet been made.

An incident room has been opened at West Hendon under Detective Inspector Steve Horsley.

Police say they are keeping an "open mind" as to the motive at this stage.

Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8733 4704 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Click here to follow the Waltham Forest Guardian on Twitter

which is just down the road from this shooting... so someones being a bit trigger happy IMO

This is so sad, sh*t like this is happening too much and its getting progressively worse, this is partly why i moved back to Surrey, f*ck raising a child in London these days

R.I.P

in some respects surrey is worse imo

bare of the yutes just end up wasted stoners, who do f*ck all with their lives besides bowl down "OCIES" on a friday night, rocking hackett / von dutch jumpers with mad spiky hair

This is so sad, sh*t like this is happening too much and its getting progressively worse, this is partly why i moved back to Surrey, f*ck raising a child in London these days

R.I.P

in some respects surrey is worse imo

bare of the yutes just end up wasted stoners, who do f*ck all with their lives besides bowl down "OCIES" on a friday night, rocking hackett / von dutch jumpers with mad spiky hair

YOU DO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK REALLY SILLY SOMETIMES MATE.

• Upvote 1