So Liverpool getting sold

Phil Brooks

Guest Intervention

They have claimed they have taken the club as far as they can can take it.

Im sure they could make them into a permanent mid-table team if they tried.

:lol:

+

I thought they had hired the BA guy yesterday.

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks is looking to sell the club for a lofty £800million.

Co-owners Hicks and George Gillett bought the club in 2007 for £219m, and the Americans want to make a hefty profit off their investment.

The pair's intention to sell was brought to light after their recent appointment of chairman Martin Broughton.

A six-month reprieve has been granted by the Royal Bank of Scotland on the club's £237m debts and the owners want to find a buyer as quick as possible.

“Liverpool will be the most profitable investment I have ever made,” Hicks said, according to the Daily Telegraph, insinuating a business motive was behind purchasing the club.

“I should make four times my money. Liverpool has been the most rewarding in so many ways and the most painful in so many ways. When you feel fans turn against you, it is very frustrating.

“The fans blame the owners [for failures on the pitch], but the reality is that we have had injuries to our key players and we just were not a very good team without them.”

Hicks may have a hard time finding a buyer as potential purchases of the Merseyside club in the region of £500 million have fallen through in the past.

Liverpool's supporters union, Spirit of Shankly, were less than happy with Hicks comments.

A spokesman for the union proclaimed, “To suggest he and George Gillett have quadrupled the value of the club in the last three years is simply not realistic. No potential investor will pay that much because the club is not worth that much.”

Become a fan of Goal.com UK's Facebook fan page for all the latest news and insight into everything related to the beautiful game!

These guys, lmao

Guest El Padrino

800m when your only real assets are gerrard and torres you know :rofl:

& with Torres out for the rest of the season with doubts of making it to the world cup due to a knee operation.

Man should just exit stage KOP.

Guest Malcolm Tucker

shut the f*ck up

liverpool is still one of them biggest clubs in the world. tottenham haven't even been the best north london since churchill was pm

you have no opinion on talking about clubs like liverpool

from when the only reason we are in debt (45m) is because of the development of a new stadium i can laugh at ur financial situation all i want....

hows new anfield coming along?

:rofl:

shut the f*ck up

liverpool is still one of them biggest clubs in the world. tottenham haven't even been the best north london since churchill was pm

you have no opinion on talking about clubs like liverpool

from when the only reason we are in debt (45m) is because of the development of a new stadium i can laugh at ur financial situation all i want....

hows new anfield coming along?

:rofl:

Yet despite your debt/richness, your best season in the last 10 years is beating Arsenal 2-1 not even emphatically (and Chelsea) and perhaps finishing in a champions league position

*edit