Cameras

PopT

was searching for something else n landed on this

imma have to play around with this phone cam

Thats a sh*t comparison imo..

looking at that the 5da alone the frames were alot smoother.

I will like to to see that galaxy in low light.. It wont stand a chance.

^^yep,

check friscos new video aswell, shot with one of the canon dslr cams, but with very good lense and grading, at first I thought it was redcam

Are you joking?

^actual red footage...

lol

I weren't impressed with that Frisco video.

The redcam footage is retarded, taking the piss out of night time shooting.

That frisco video was obviously a DSLR job...

The red is a totally different league on its own. Its not your regular consumer cam.

This is probably the best dslr job have seen in a while. One of the vids that convinced me to buy one... But clearly this guy knows what he is doing and a lot of gear was involved in this as well.

Any one got any links to good shooting guides? preferably for canons, need to master these settings.

Most high contrast videos you see (the ones everyone *almost everyone* think look good) were shot on a superflat picture style and blown up with color correction software.

I've just finished editing one of my first shoots using it, and yea the quality is much better. will post it in here when it's approved.

just need to get better at color really. it's the key trus me.

Also if you have a choice, upload to vimeo. YouTube isn't kind to video quality at all.

I'm just starting shooting so don't own a camera myself but most shoots I edit were filmed on 5D MK2/ 7D/ 5D and even 550 sometimes.

Sometimes I would have two angles one shot on a MK2 and the other on a 550.

Use final cut to edit.

Apple color to try and make everything blend, remove color casts, or when shot on superflat to blow everything up.

Sometimes After Effects for motion graphics but the workflow between Final cut and AE is a joke.

i just export using quicktime conversion in final cut

select h.264 and leave everything at default then export

note that if you're using final cut to edit, you need to convert your footage to APPLE PRO RES (I go for 422 LT) before you edit it. (if shot on a DSRL)

note that if you're using final cut to edit, you need to convert your footage to APPLE PRO RES (I go for 422 LT) before you edit it. (if shot on a DSRL)

PC or mac?

What you use to convert the footage?

You don't lose too much in the conversion?

You man heard of this to edit?

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_GB.html?fileName=overview&r=1

thought he was using next level lighting then it says natural light only

how did he get that with a standard lens though, swear Ive seen bare DSLR vids n they dnt look that good

That dude knows what he is doing still...

if you look at his other work., you can tell is an OG..

Like someone said these cam requires ALOT of skill.

Thats interesting... I juSt drag & drop straight on to FCP.. no conversions... Apart from making slow-mos on cinema tools.

how did he get that with a standard lens though, swear Ive seen bare DSLR vids n they dnt look that good

Thats interesting... I juSt drag & drop straight on to FCP.. no conversions... Apart from making slow-mos on cinema tools.

DSRL codecs aren't designed for editing. it's not stable nor recommended. It can work though.

DSRL codecs aren't designed for editing. it's not stable nor recommended. It can work though.

So you convert first straight from the raw.movs from the cam?

Isnt that long tho?

considering you are still going to render in the sequence for playback ..

Never really had any issues soo far. I always thought FCP already had codecs that supported .mov

So you convert first straight from the raw.movs from the cam?

Isnt that long tho?

considering you are still going to render in the sequence for playback ..

Never really had any issues soo far. I always thought FCP already had codecs that supported .mov

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_GB.html?fileName=overview&r=1

Supposedly you can edit the h.246 file straight in that, no converting necessary.

certain prosumer cams have live HDMI output

Im sure I read about a DSLR with that somewhere, just record direct to a laptop/PC rather than compressed codecs/mini dv etc

Those outputs are for external display monitoring + most of them don't even output @ hd.. it will be peddling backwards imo