Cameras

PopT

lol watch it get like 20 bids now

lol wouldnt surprise me if theres someone else on here who's interested

Truss. Bidding starts in the last hour.

yeah im just HOPING that i can grab it for £300. people get tied up in bidding wars on other listings and HOPEFULLY overlook this one...

There won't be a difference with similar spec models, it's just what you prefer and feel comfortable with

PRICE is what i feel comfortable with :lol: just lookin for something entry level with aperature priority a bit of zoom etc so i can take some portrain shots with the out of focus background etc...and hd video recording. seems like £300 is the least i can look to spend

any other recommendations?

f*cked up my 550d last week. exposure button jammed.. So I copped the 600d a few days ago. A decent improvement for the videos

gettin my 550d fixed..once they sort it out I will shot it.

That sony nex5 is a good shout for videos. I tried it out. Wouldn't be bad as a second cam.

f*cked up my 550d last week. exposure button jammed.. So I copped the 600d a few days ago. A decent improvement for the videos

That sony nex5 is a good shout for videos. I tried it out. Wouldn't be bad as a second cam.

what is your impression with the 600d so far...and what price did you get it at

what is your impression with the 600d so far...and what price did you get it at

I got it for 600

still trying to get use to the controls. I used it for a wedding shoot the other week. I was impressed with the imporvements

They seemed to make things a bit more idiot proof/ user friendly which gives it less of a pro feel than the 550d.

But, the swivel screen is definitely a major bonus. I was on the brink of coping a portable monitor for my 550d. for those low angle shots. But this screen helps alot.

The microphone control is also a big bonus without everything peaking like the 550d.

Built in wireless flash control. I haven't tested it yet. But again this is a major bonus for flash photography. Also sounds like you can use the built in flash with speedlites.

550d I still a solid contender but I feel that those who use it for videos strictly will definitely opt for the swivel screen.. MAJOR advantage

Most critics are saying canon need to come with something ground breaking with their eos range. I

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just copped a d3100 couldn't find any good deals online so £400 from jessops

ended up paying 700 in total for a kid with a bag, UV filter, screen protector, 8 gig memory card, 2nd lens (zoom), 3 year accidental damage cover and 30quid of free prints

I hope that's a decent deal but my bank account feels hurt.

this should be fun

You coulda got a cheap Canon on eBay.

Canon 600d going for £450.

refurb or used?

cost me 600 to get mine. body only.

Oh yeah I got my 550d back today.

They gave me a new body & 6months warranty.

So am shottin for 400. Silicone body protector, original box e,t,c

You coulda got a cheap Canon on eBay.

Canon 600d going for £450.

hmm

im lookin now and they are all 500+ just camera + lens first camera so needed the extras

but still...

Oh yeah I got my 550d back today.

They gave me a new body & 6months warranty.

So am shottin for 400. Silicone body protector, original box e,t,c

:(

Those mainly interested in video and using a DSRL, do you shoot handheld?

I usually use a rig..

fig-rig1.jpg

I had a stabilizer for a while. but found it abit annoying.

occasionally I use the strap to keep me steady.

Am thinknig of coping this tho

http://store.redrockmicro.com/core/media/media.nl?id=2454&c=472981&h=cbd070b118efef571596