Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruno Di Gradi

FAO: People that know computers

7 posts in this topic

now usually i'm the last person who has this issue.. i was on the net without a virus protector for a little bit because it was f*ck*ng with my upload speed.

Got some virus that was acting as a fake antivirus...I seem to have got rid of it because it's not loading anymore but it's already taken affect.

I think it has f*cked about with my registry because I can't go on the net using Google Chrome or Iexplorer, only firefox works for some reason and some of my stuff i cant update.

Has anyone got any ideas?

find out what the virus was called (the fake antivirus name should do), and read up on it, this happened to a friend before, he was able to get rid of it with system restore but there are usually instruction sets to get rid of it without system restore

wait how did you fix it

got a similar problem i cant use firefox atm only ie and flash player wont install

wait how did you fix it

got a similar problem i cant use firefox atm only ie and flash player wont install

used avg, malwarebytes & spybot to get rid of it

The virus changes a setting in your internet options...if you open the settings and check where your connection settings are it changes your thing to "use a proxy" blah blah blah on ur lan connection.. untick it and your sh*t should work again.

safe ill check it out

i already did a system restore but it didnt fix much

think the whole registry is f*cked,mite gunna have to call a tech guy out