Religion

spiderman

how religous is everyone on here? if your religious, to what extent does God play a part of yours and everyones lives and the world around us? how far does your faith stretch?

im not gonna start up a debate about the different religions and which one is right or wrong (so please dont go off on a tangent with that), just a discussion on religous belief in general.

personaly id say im moderately religous, although i do balance my religion within the modern world we live in and make it sort of flexible i suppose. i stumbled across this video though the other day, dont be put off by the title and just have a look; the way this guy breaks it down in a logical way just proper f*cks with me. because im quite geared towards factual and rational thinking, the way he presents his arguement appeals to me and is slightly attacking my faith lol. it does make sense that pyscologically relgion in some ways is just a way to rationalise that which is out of your understanding and control and to provide mental strength, etc. but i guess at the end of the day its all opinions and when it comes to faith its quite a personal thing which nobody can credit or discredit you for.

• Upvote 1

I have a faith an I try to live by it everydaym it is what actually keeps me strong

I believe in the almighty and I give thanks everytime for all things good

will watch the video maybelater

right now im a bit licked, jus gna bun dis doja an keep it movin

peace an love

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the council of the ungodly, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful

or standeth in the way of sinners

his delight is in the Lord, and in his law doth he meditate day and night

he shall be like the trees planted by the rivers of water

he shall bare fruit in his season

the ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff that the wind driveth away

i know there is the Most High consciousness which i believe all our existance is engulfed in

God to me mans something different, im not treligious though i can sympathize with some of the scripture

i feel, i have a spirituality that i inherited, religion on the otherhand, is a doctrine that u adopt

• Upvote 1

i beleive religion has been politicised and its hard to know the real truth anymore

islam is polluted with arabic political corruption, thats why the arabs enslaved africans for 1000yrs while "spreading islam"

same goes for christianity polluted with european politics and corrution also why they enslaved africa and elsewhere "spreading christianity"

both barbaric sets of people who naturally have no spirituality and only use religion to spread their racism and greed

judaism was originally African, just like where all spirituality comes from. now been corrupted by another barbaric but very cunning set of european, now called JEW

I beleive spirituality will or can lead you to the truth, as you will see through the nonsense wrapped up as religion when its just pure racism

Religion as it is known now is corrupt through and through in a sense

I believe in the idea of one god/entity that created or was the spark to all life

The Bible/Qur'an all them books = written and interpreted from some mans understanding and point of view AND to me personally thats where it all goes wrong

I lost faith in religion a long time ago, though I can see how it could benefit somebody who is deep into it

though this does not measure how stongly I believe in God, the poll is a bit misleading

and lol @ atheism

if you believe in a God then you are religious to an extent. im not touching on the content of any religions here, just purely the idea of "a belief". so vote towards the degree of your belief in God.

I lost faith in religion a long time ago, though I can see how it could benefit somebody who is deep into it

though this does not measure how stongly I believe in God, the poll is a bit misleading

and lol @ atheism

if you believe in a God then you are religious to an extent. im not touching on the content of any religions here, just purely the idea of "a belief". so vote towards the degree of your belief in God.

I believe in God but not religion

I don't believe in God at all, its just too far-fetched.

I think religion is there just to ease peoples fear of death.

explain why u think its farfetched

Dont know where to begin to be honest, but take the Christian Bible for example. It is full of some of the most unrealistic stories i have ever heard, peope coming back to life, a man that builds a boat big enough to fit 2 of every species of animal on it. Heaven and hell.

The list is endless really

Plus i always think, why would there be so much pain and suffering in the world if there was some God that loved us all.

spirituality is a part of human nature i suppose. even someone who doesnt believe in God must have some kind of spiritual levels of thinking at times. so with that i think the general population will always believe in some form of God and religion because its in our psycology. whether its something thats real or not is just beyond human scope and nobody will know for sure, so nobody can disprove anyones belief.

the guy in the video i posted speaks of religious views in such a way that its almost implying that its the result of lack of understanding and with less "unknowns" and the more we understand, over time people would stop "filling in the blanks" with the rationale of religion, i.e. erasing religious perception once we have 100% knowledge of the science behind the universe. that may seem logical but we are only human at the end of the day and we cant overcome the limitations of our pyscology and our mind.

this kind of mentality also ties in with my other thread of cybernetics. if this is the future of a super informed, logical and intelligent humanity then the general consensus will over time be conditioned towards overcoming and surpressing human limits and pyscology (including religious belief). if thats the case and people start to lose belief in God due to everything being explained by sicence, then the transition towards cybernetics would be gradual welcomed one. bit of a scary thought

Dont know where to begin to be honest, but take the Christian Bible for example. It is full of some of the most unrealistic stories i have ever heard, peope coming back to life, a man that builds a boat big enough to fit 2 of every species of animal on it. Heaven and hell.

Plus i always think, why would there be so much pain and suffering in the world if there was some God that loved us all.

so your one of them seeing is believing types yeah

yh, i don't like the way people take the bible as true stories, rather than metaphorical ones designed to make a point.

Used to believe in God, now I'm not so sure.

Here's some interesting videos for any religious people out there.

see all this proper makes you question your belief. the more scientific we become as a society the more we distance the form of God from ourselves. like the person in this video says, people in their own minds make an image of God as a higher force of energy or matter that we havent discovered or is beyond our ability to discover.

ancient people would point to the sky and say that the "heavens" are where God lies. Now that we have gone into space and have viewed so many of the far reaches of the visible universe we push that perception further and imagine God is in a realm we have yet to discover. The same goes for miracles; ancient people would of claimed that a man who could do simple things like create electricity or fly an aircraft must have God like powers to do such (by their standards) impossible things. Now that we have quite a broad understanding of physics and can do so much more that the only acts of miracles left are those which defy the laws of physics. the basic underlying point is, how far can we keep distancing God until we understand too much and the realm of unknown runs out?

its all objective to the individual person and their pyscology and understanding. again belief is something you cant take away from someone.

spirituality is a part of human nature i suppose. even someone who doesnt believe in God must have some kind of spiritual levels of thinking at times. so with that i think the general population will always believe in some form of God and religion because its in our psycology. whether its something thats real or not is just beyond human scope and nobody will know for sure, so nobody can disprove anyones belief.

the guy in the video i posted speaks of religious views in such a way that its almost implying that its the result of lack of understanding and with less "unknowns" and the more we understand, over time people would stop "filling in the blanks" with the rationale of religion, i.e. erasing religious perception once we have 100% knowledge of the science behind the universe. that may seem logical but we are only human at the end of the day and we cant overcome the limitations of our pyscology and our mind.

this kind of mentality also ties in with my other thread of cybernetics. if this is the future of a super informed, logical and intelligent humanity then the general consensus will over time be conditioned towards overcoming and surpressing human limits and pyscology (including religious belief). if thats the case and people start to lose belief in God due to everything being explained by sicence, then the transition towards cybernetics would be gradual welcomed one. bit of a scary thought

the devil is a liar

he will tell u that u are a fool for believing in God, and he tells man that he is more intelligent than that, capable of creating artificial life an he will tell you that this is a far superior way to live than the way that God has laid out for us

you can only elevate yourself if you improve all aspects of your being, one should never deny the spiritual, it makes you weak an susceptible to suggestion an temptation

the people who's lives are really empty are the people hell bent on tellin people that God does not exist, because they have little to no spiritual understanding

• Downvote 1

sometimes religion serves as a gateway to higher standing

you most develop though, or your knowledge could become stagnant, thats when ppl start to fear the unkown

its like me going to uni and wanting to stay there for the rest of my life because i dig the way 1 of my tutors presents his lectures

graduate after detention