ARGH HELP PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Alejandro Sosa

Basically quit my job without giving notice

They sent the cheque for my entire months wages but i didnt cash it cos i knew it was too much

Anyway now they send me a letter saying theyve over paid me and i need to pay them back some of it

Rang them up and said i havent even cashed the cheque now they say i should cash it then send some of it back to them , i told them ive lost the cheque (which is true)

They said u gotta find the cheque or get the payroll team to send u another and then send some of the money back

But i dont want to do that because 1. i dont want any of the money and 2. the money is still with the company if the overpayment team can not access that information thats their problem

Basically i dont feel guilty because i havent taken anything that isnt mine

But i asked them what will happen if i dont find the cheque and they said they will send a debt collector...............................

And i dont wanna end up like Joe from Corrie

Any1 got experience with this kind of thing?

Appreciate any help

Guest Esquilax

Surely it's their fault for giving you too much doe? I'd try and sort it out as civily as possible and if not let the appropriate authorities know...

(I know nothing about anything like this, await a C/S before acting)

Surely it's their fault for giving you too much doe?

Ye but i still would have to return the money if i had cashed it

But i didnt

The person i spoke to said she cant tell whether i have cashed it or not, but imo its up to her to find out now ive told her, instead she wants to be lazy and make me do all the work

Im shook tbh, i think theyre fronting about the debt collector thing but i live with my parents so i dont wanna test that theory out lol

@Spiderman, i dont want any of their money cos it leads to trouble as this episode has shown

Guest Intervention

What do you have to be shook about

They can find out if you have cashed the money eventually

when they find out you havent, all they need to do is cancel the corresponding cheque number

You don't have anything to worry about

when they find out you havent, all they need to do is cancel the corresponding cheque number

Thats what im saying.

They said if you cant find it then payroll will send you another one.

Whats the big deal??

You're being a f*ck*ng arse over nothing why the f*ck did you just waste a topic and my time reading this bullshit.

Get them to send you another cheque, cash it, give them their part back.

I hope your Mum slaps you for acting like a knob, about you don't want the money who do you think you are Richard bloody Branson. Money's money mate.

You're being a f*ck*ng arse over nothing why the f*ck did you just waste a topic and my time reading this bullshit.

I hope your Mum slaps you for acting like a knob, about you don't want the money who do you think you are Richard bloody Branson. Money's money mate.

whats wrong with you?

Guest El Padrino

whats wrong with you?

Time of the month perhaps. :shiftyninja:

whats wrong with you?

Time of the month perhaps. :shiftyninja:

Correct.

Sorry.

Cos they threatened to send a debt collector even after i explained to them dawg....

na they cant get the debt collectors.

How are u so sure akh