How Much Worth Does Your One Vote Really Have?

Mame Biram Diouf

http://www.voterpower.org.uk/search

In Ealing Central & Acton, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.783 votes.

67% of votes discarded

66.64% of those who voted in Ealing Central & Acton in 2005 did not vote for the winning candidate. These votes count for nothing in the First Past the Post system.

Election system is such a joke

Check yours

Some as low as 0.3 and might even be a few lower...

http://www.voterpower.org.uk/search

In Ealing Central & Acton, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.783 votes.

67% of votes discarded

66.64% of those who voted in Ealing Central & Acton in 2005 did not vote for the winning candidate. These votes count for nothing in the First Past the Post system.

Election system is such a joke

Check yours

Some as low as 0.3 and might even be a few lower...

I'm not far from Acton either and they're campaigning like MAD up there...

West Ham

Voter Power Index

Rank #574 of 650

Voter power in West Ham

Constituency marginality

Ultra safe

In West Ham, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.026 votes.

The power of voters in this constituency is based on the probability of the seat changing hands and its size.

While you might think that every vote counts equally, where you live in the UK has a huge effect on your power to influence the election.

How does West Ham compare?

The average UK voter has 10x more voting power than voters in West Ham.

Average UK voter power

The average UK voter only has the power of 0.253 votes. This is because most of us live in safe seats, where the outcome is pretty much certain regardless of how we vote.

West Ham ranks #574 out of 650 constituencies in the Voter Power Index.

UK constituency marginality

We can be almost certain that 60% of seats will NOT change hands in the general election (very safe or ultra safe seats).

Further information

Marginality

The more times a seat changes hands, the more marginal it is deemed to be.

* 1997 Lab

* 2001 Lab

* 2005 Lab

Constituency size

+25.85%

This constituency is bigger than average, which means a voter here is less likely to affect the national result.

Number of voters: 86,124

Average constituency: 68,433

2005 election data

48% of votes discarded

48.27% of those who voted in West Ham in 2005 did not vote for the winning candidate. These votes count for nothing in the First Past the Post system.

Guest haze-e

In Lewisham East, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.080 votes.

The average UK voter has 3.13x more voting power than voters in Lewisham East.

Labour take the mick round ere though. I still aint even seeing any Blue or Yellow flags and ting.

Every electoral method has intrinsic problems, and supporters of the loser in any democratic process can argue that their votes count for nothing. Just because your vote is less likely to swing your constituency doesn't mean it wasn't counted or was worthless. Everybody has one vote and each is counted.

If switching away from FPTP is your preference, vote Liberal Democrat. Their winning a large % of the national vote will strengthen their case for electoral reform

Guest El Padrino
This constituency is bigger than average, which means a voter here is less likely to affect the national result.

Number of voters: 74,563

Least I'm guaranteed a Labour sitter.. :rolleyes:

had this argument with my mate i said im not voting as labour have edmonton on lock

was trying to tell me its close

this site telling me its an ultra safe seat

snm

yeah i suppose it a good idea they changig the electorial system the local constit voting system a joke it madhow you can take over by majority a whole council but certain councils count for more than pthers and the win can just be pointless.....yeah time to change it ...awww. kirklees heads dont vote tory :Y:

The current composition of the Council is as follows:

Conservative - 42

Labour - 9

Halstead Residents' - 5

Green - 2

Independent - 1

Liberal Democrat - 1

The administration is Conservative controlled

Number of voters: 69,913

Skeen.

Voter power in Glasgow Central

Constituency marginality

Ultra safe

In Glasgow Central, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.040 votes.

How does Glasgow Central compare?

The average UK voter has 6.25x more voting power than voters in Glasgow Central.