THE BLEEP TEST

Goddaz

Anyone who wants to do it:

HOW TO CONDUCT THE TEST The test involves continuous running between two lines 20m or 15 m apart in time to recorded bleeps. The time between recorded bleeps decrease each minute (level). There are several versions of the test, but one commonly used version has an initial running velocity of 8.5 km/hr, which increases by 0.5 km/hr each minute. First of all to undertake the bleep test you need the following: - A flat, non slippery surface at least 20 meters in length - Marking cones - Pre-recorded audio tape or CD (Download the Beep Test) - Tape recorder, CD Player or Laptop Step 1 Measure out a 15 or 20 metres section and mark each end with a marker cone. Step 2 The athlete/candidate carries out a warm up program of jogging and stretching exercises. Step 3 The test is conducted Rules of the test - The athlete must place one foot on or beyond the 15 or 20m marker at the end of each shuttle. - If the athlete arrives at the end of a shuttle before the beep, the athlete must wait for the bleep and then resume running. - The athlete keeps running for as long as possible until he/she can longer keep up with the speed set by the tape or CD at which point they should voluntarily withdraw. - If the athlete fails to reach the end of the shuttle before the beep they should be allowed 2 or 3 further shuttles to attempt to regain the required pace before being withdrawn. - Record the level and number of shuttles completed at that level by the athlete. - At the end of the test the athletes conduct a warm down program, including stretching exercises

Guest Intervention

Need to do this, pretty sure I could smack it up. Not sure what I got as a youth, but I didn't smack it up.Safe GoddazWill come back with results

Guest M12 Part 2

When I was playing competitive football used to bang out level 12 standardly. I shudder to think how much of a struggle that would be now.

Cool Cipher. Just going to the garden to set everything up and have a crack at it./

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/results/beep-test.htmthink the one i done in high school was not the proper 20m onebut if it was i got level 13 and one of my brejrins got level 15back in my peak thoughwould never get that now
Back in school days I was reaching the same.Just over 2 years ago it was 10.4/The levelsMalesExcellent >13 Very good 11 - 13 Good 9 - 11 Average 7 - 9 Poor 5 - 7 Very poor < 5 FemalesExcellent >12 Very good 10 - 12 Good 8 - 10 Average 6 - 8 Poor 4 - 6 Very poor < 4 Royal Air Force Officers 9.10 (male), 7.2 (female)British Army officers 10.2 (male), 8.1 (female)Royal Marine Officers at least 11.0Metropolitan Fire Brigade Fire/Emergency Response 9.6