When Jokes On South Park Go Wrong!

Hernandez Balcazar

DRAMATIC new footage emerged today of the Times Square car bomb as it spewed out smoke and flames in one of the busiest streets in the world.

A college student filmed firefighters yelling "Back up!" to bystanders as colleagues gingerly approached the Nissan SUV packed with petrol and fireworks.

You can see the footage - revealed by the New York Post - by clicking HERE.

The nearby offices of Viacom - the firm behind TV cartoon South Park - are feared to have been the main target after the show enraged Muslims by portraying the prophet Mohammed in a bear suit.

New York police today also steered the blame away from the Taliban - as a massive manhunt was launched for a white man in his 40s seen behaving "furtively" near the scene.

They said the petrol and propane bomb was "crude" and that a non-volatile type of fertiliser had been used, but that if it had ignited, thousands of tourists would have been peppered by shrapnel.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the bomb in the car had cheap alarm clocks connected to a can filled with fireworks, which were apparently intended to detonate the petrol and set the propane alight in a chain reaction.

Last night the hero t-shirt seller who foiled the car bomb begged everyone in New York yesterday: "If you see something - SAY something."

Vietnam veteran Lance Orten smelled gunpowder from a car parked with its engine running and spotted smoke pouring from vents near the back seats.

He alerted a mounted policeman, who got two rookie girl cops to help evacuate crowds from the tourist mecca. Experts rushed to defuse the huge car bomb with seconds to spare.

Lance issued his plea - echoing the Big Apple's anti-terror slogan - as Pakistan's TALIBAN claimed it was behind the attempted outrage.

Fellow T-shirt seller Duane Jackson, 58 - who also served in Vietnam - told how he too peered into the Nissan Pathfinder. He said: "I smelled smoke and heard it go, "Pop, pop, pop."

Duane said as police confirmed the bomb was primed to go off at any moment, but appeared to have malfunctioned: "I feel like I've dodged a bullet."

Duane Jackson ... saw fumes

Duane Jackson ... saw fumes

But officials said hundreds could have been killed and maimed.

Witness Don Slovin said: "It brings back memories of 9/11."

The blue Nissan 4x4 - with blacked-out windows, false plates and its hazard lights flashing - was packed with three PROPANE GAS CYLINDERS, FIREWORKS, ten gallons of PETROL in two cans - and two clocks acting as TIMERS.

The women cops saw a man fleeing. He vanished into crowds. Theatres hosting hits including Billy Elliot and the Lion King were among those that went dark on Saturday night as Times Square and surrounding streets were sealed off for six hours.

Women in evening gowns were among thousands ushered to safety. New York mayor Michael Bloomberg admitted after the car bomb apparently malfunctioned like similar ones targeting London's clubland three years ago: "We are very lucky."

Police scoured CCTV as the car was taken to be examined by forensics. Wayne Rhatigan, 47 - the mounted cop - said: "The inside was smoking. I smelled gunpowder and thought it might blow any second."

The NYPD veteran, due to retire this year. joked: "Of all the idiots in New York, I find this thing. I was almost a fireball."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2956805/Bomb-revenge-on-South-Park.html#ixzz0muBAMUdp

someone find said episode in question

/

lucky it never went off

my guys are letting down the islamic people

not happy with our current squad... we need rebuilding from the ground up... investment in the young boys coming up in afghanistan pakistan somalia etc... the americans destroyed our clairfontaine terrorism schools from sudan to afghanistan...

seems like a decade since our golden generation... the mohamed attas, khalid sheikh mohammeds siddique khans jermaine lindseys, shoe bomber reid etc

i might write a editorial on the quality of muslim terrorists.. there are problems at the grass root levels..

recruitment of technically poor induviduals who cant carry out the attacks properly...

as a commmunity we deserve a better class of islamofascists reppin us

posd

step ur killing of innocent people game up

my guys are letting down the islamic people

not happy with our current squad... we need rebuilding from the ground up... investment in the young boys coming up in afghanistan pakistan somalia etc... the americans destroyed our clairfontaine terrorism schools from sudan to afghanistan...

seems like a decade since our golden generation... the mohamed attas, khalid sheikh mohammeds siddique khans jermaine lindseys, shoe bomber reid etc

i might write a editorial on the quality of muslim terrorists.. there are problems at the grass root levels..

recruitment of technically poor induviduals who cant carry out the attacks properly...

as a commmunity we deserve a better class of islamofascists reppin us

posd

step ur killing of innocent people game up

LMFAO

ps

sorry if I tarnished your post if indeed serious

COPS have arrested a man suspected of driving a failed car bomb into New York's Times Square.

The Pakistani born US citizen — named as Faisal Shahzad — was nabbed at John F. Kennedy airport trying to board a flight to Dubai early this morning.

Reports say 30-year-old Shahzad's plane had left the gate and was taxiing down the runway before it was raided by the authorities.

His flight details said his final destination was Pakistan. Shahzad was one of three people taken off the plane.

US law enforcement sources claim Shahzad has said he was working alone.

Reports say the two other passengers were later released.

US Attorney General Eric Holder said this morning the intent of the Times Square attack was "to kill Americans".

Shahzad will appear in court today to face charges "for allegedly driving a car bomb into Times Square on the evening of May 1".

Authorities were searching his home in Bridgeport, Connecticut, New York police said.

Shahzad is believed to have bought the 1993 Nissan sport utility vehicle used to carry the crude bomb made of fuel and fireworks into a busy Times Square on Saturday evening.

Reports suggest the van was purchased from American auction website Craigslist.com for cash.

The car was left with its engine running and hazard lights flashing but the two alarm clock timers failed to detonate the explosive fumes.

The area was cleared after T-shirt seller Lance Orten, a Vietnam veteran, smelled gunpowder and raised the alarm.

Police are quizzing the car's registered owner, who had not reported it stolen. And a tourist's video of a person spotted near it is being examined.

Detectives are probing similarities with an al-Qaeda device left outside London nightclub Tiger Tiger in 2007.

A Pakistani Taliban group claimed responsibility for the New York bomb.

The office of Viacom - whose cartoon South Park mocked Muslim prophet Mohammed by putting him in a bear suit - was feared to be the target.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2958339/NYC-car-bomb-suspect-arrested.html#ixzz0myQbGlwJ