Another one

Gunner

oh sh*t thats why finsbury park was locked off last night when i was coming back from radio

bare feds down the station last night b4 the killing was blazing a spliff in the park hopped on the train see bare feds and I knew I would be followed if I deceided not to get in the carraige with them or if I actually did step on the carraige I stunk of weed thank god there was some crazy drunk guy making noise which led to 14 feds chasing him and left me to enjoy my higth

r.i.p

• Upvote 1

87-year-old great-grandmother is stabbed to death at her home in Lewisham

A great grandmother stabbed to death in her flat by 'callous cowards' was a pillar of the community, neighbours said today.

Local residents, who identified the victim as widow Irene Barrett, 87, said they were 'disgusted' by the attack.

Ms Barrett was found with multiple stab wounds at her 15th floor flat in Valiant House, a high rise block near Charlton Athletic football stadium.

A man in his 20s was arrested this afternoon in connection with the murder, police sources said. Forensic officers were scouring the scene throughout the day.

A murder inquiry room has been set up at Lewisham police station under Detective Chief Inspector Cliff Lyons of the homicide and serious crime command.

Fighting back tears, neighbour Claire Pickett, 30, said: 'I just do not understand how anyone could do this.

'She was such a lovely lady. She used to knit blankets for premature babies and animals at Battersea Dogs Home.

'She even made a blanket for my baby when it was born. She was like a grandmother for all the young children here.

'A lot of her friends had died so she really was like the last one.'

Mrs Barrett's friend Dennis Burgess, 73, said her flat was like 'Buckingham Palace'.

Of her attacker, he added: "It has got to be someone that actually lived here - why would someone carry out a burglary on the 15th floor?

'Although any Tom, d*ck or Harry could get through the entrance, they would have to try hundreds of doors before getting to hers.

'She was so house proud. It was a beautiful flat, like Buckingham Palace.'

DCI Lyons said: 'This is a violent attack resulting in the death of an elderly lady in her own home. At this early stage we believe this is a burglary which has escalated into murder.

'I would appeal to anyone who knows anything about this incident to contact the police immediately.'

Anyone with information is urged to contact the incident room at Lewisham on 020 8721 4961 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1278633/Police-launch-murder-hunt-burglary-led-fatal-stabbing-great-grandmother-described-pillar-community.html#ixzz0o2UzDXj5