How Will This 25man Squad Limit Effect Your Team Next Season And Other PL Teams

Mame Biram Diouf

According to other sources with have 27 at the moment who will need to be registered....

With Foster likely to leave that means 26

Tosic could bring that down to 25 but if he if sold it would make no sense as to why he was purchased

Im also sure one of Carrick or Berbatov will leave don't think both will

Can't see any other departures but Fergie said he wants to build a new squad again so we have to sell/loan out 3 players to bring one player in and and I think he will want to bring in at least 2 maybe 3, although they could again be youngters

But at least with Hargreaves back he should be like a new signging and hopefully Anderson can push on like Nani has this season

Defo need a world class AM other then that I think were sorted...

Hargreaves will play a bigger part next season, but i doubt he'll play a big part, if you get my drift

I'm a Anderson fan, but his career at OT is in abit of limbo right now.

Our CM isn't great, selling Carrick without buying a replacement 1st would be silly.

Selling Berba and not buying a replacement would be even more silly, stupid in fact.

we need 2 midfielders, one to play on the left and on creative more central player.

and hopefully a striker who can hold it up when Rooneys out,

league tittles are won depending on who you have to come on from the bench a lot of the time.

we lack the players in reserve who can change a game.

if Essien had been around all this season Chelsea wouldve walked it.

If Arsenal had had a real goalscoring striker for when RVP was out then they wouldve finished 2nd,

we done well to finish 2nd,

im all for playing youngsters, but with the financial situation we need success.

need some big buys no two ways about it, especially as Chelsea will make at least 1 big big signing this summer

Won't effect us at all now, we have 30 players currently listed as in our first team squad. Szczesny is 20 and doesn't need to be registered and is likely to go out on loan, Senderos going, Gallas & Silvestre likely to go, Gibbs and Traore don't have to be registered, nor does Ramsey or Wilshere, Merida going, and Walcott and Vela dont have to be registered either yet. So that leaves a likely squad of 19 senior players, add Chamakh and thats 20.

But it will effect us in the future as we have a young squad, which means the youngsters being groomed now, come 21 will have to be of the quality to come in or sold... The rule kinda defeats the object at our club IMO. Plus we have a huge reserve and U18 squad currently and just signed SIXTEEN scholars for next year.

Can not really see how this will help develop young players. Basically saying if your 22 and not ready to compete with established 28/29 year olds then you are going to be sold.

Should of made it that there is no limit on people coming through the academy in the squad.

"There may be one signing but it's not easy in the present climate. The market is very difficult," said Ferguson.

Speaking alongside Gill at a press conference in New York to promote United's four-game North American tour this summer, Ferguson added: "The structure of our squad is good in terms of ages, the balance, the numbers and there's a lot of good young players.

"Sometimes you have to trust in the development of the last few years and I'm going to stick with that, or most of it."

Gill added: "The Premier League is bringing in squad limits next year of 25 but there will be unlimited under-21s and other rules and we'll be taking all that into consideration."

Man Utd ready to limit signings

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said he may not add any more players to his squad this summer.

Ferguson has already signed Mexico's Javier Hernandez from Guadalajara and defender Chris Smalling from Fulham.

A host of other signings were expected, particularly after chief executive David Gill indicated funds are available to his manager.

"There may be one signing but it's not easy in the present climate. The market is very difficult," said Ferguson.

Speaking alongside Gill at a press conference in New York to promote United's four-game North American tour this summer, Ferguson added: "The structure of our squad is good in terms of ages, the balance, the numbers and there's a lot of good young players.

"Sometimes you have to trust in the development of the last few years and I'm going to stick with that, or most of it."

Gill added: "The Premier League is bringing in squad limits next year of 25 but there will be unlimited under-21s and other rules and we'll be taking all that into consideration."

Ferguson revealed he would not be replacing goalkeeper Ben Foster, instead promoting England Under-21 international Ben Amos, who had been set to be loaned, to the first-team squad alongside Edwin Van der Sar and Tomasz Kuszczak.

"Ben (Amos) will now be our third goalkeeper, he's very talented and has a good future ahead of him," the Scot said.

Foster is close to completing a £6m move to Birmingham, having missed out on England's squad for the World Cup in South Africa.

Ferguson was empathetic with Foster over his international exclusion and said the bid from Birmingham City had been accepted because they knew how concerned the former Stoke City keeper had become about his future.

"I think most of that comes from his disappointment of not having played enough games to get in the England squad this summer," the 68-year-old said.

"I still feel very strongly about this, that Ben's the best England goalkeeper and I can't work out why he wasn't even considered simply because he didn't have enough football.

"Ben's been a terrific servant for us, he's been very unlucky with a couple of injuries he's had with us last season and I think he deserves the opportunity to do better for himself."

Supporters' groups opposed to the Glazer family's ownership of Manchester United have argued that Ferguson's transfer dealings are being limited by the level of debt carried by the club.

But Gill said: "We're very confident the business model we have in place will ensure the club can continue to compete at the top of football for many years to come.

"Our season ticket sales, renewals, for this upcoming season are on track with previous years. Our executive ticket renewals are on track.

"The owners have been true to their word since they took over the club in 2005. They've brought commercial expertise and commercial benefit to us in a numbers of areas, and we've seen our revenues grow significantly."

The club's summer tour will begin with a training camp in Chicago followed by friendlies against Celtic (Toronto, 16 July), the Philadelphia Union (Philadelphia, 21 July), the Kansas City Wizards (Kansas City, 25 July) and the MLS All-Stars (Houston, 28 July).

Ferguson will give his World Cup players leave of absence from the tour, which will move on to Mexico and a game against Guadalajara, which was agreed as part of the deal to sign striker Hernandez.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8691007.stm

Like I said before not really expecting much in the transfer window. Just hope some of the kids step up.

Thing is if we played 4-4-2 all season I'd say safe we can make do with what we've got

But when we play with 1 striker upfront the team is crying for a world class CAM (e.g. 1st leg against Bayern) but Fergie is gassed up and thinks Darron 'I've got a good shot but everything else is swag' Gibson can be the next Scholes. The sooner Petrucci and Morrison break into the first team the better. I hope Anderson steps up cause at the moment he's like the opposite of Gibson, he's shooting is swag but everything else is good.

And we could do with another striker cause 1 striker upfront without Rooney is a joke (e.g. Chelsea @ OT) and the fact that Fergie started an injured Rooney instead of Berbatov in the 2nd leg against Bayern tells me he might thinking. Well at least I hope he is. Haven't seen this Hernandez guy play so don't know if he could be the solution to this problem.