Gallas snubs Arsenal fans!

Lethaldabizzle2008

It is understood the 32-year-old did not attend yesterday's 4-0 thrashing of Fulham which concluded with a lap of appreciation in front of fans for the vast majority of the first-team squad.A club source claimed Gallas had remained in France to continue treatment on his calf problem ahead of tomorrow's announcement of Les Blues' 23-man squad for the World Cup but several of the club's other injured players including Cesc Fabregas, Aaron Ramsey, Alex Song and Manuel Almunia joined up with their team-mates.Arsene Wenger is thought to have relented on his policy of offering only one-year deals to players over 30 but Gallas, who turns 33 in August, has refused to take a pay cut from his current £80,000-a-week deal.Talks are thought to have reached an impasse with neither side willing to budge but Gallas is in control of his destiny as his contract expires next month. Roma, Paris St-Germain and AC Milan are among a number of clubs monitoring the situation with Gallas favouring a move abroad should he fail to agree terms with the Gunners.Wenger hinted he will look to strengthen in defence, with Gallas, Sol Campbell and Mikael Silvestre all yet to renew their deals.“The three defenders are players who are free to decide what they do,” said Wenger. “You will see in July. It depends not only me, it depends on Sol as well if he signs a new deal.“Sol is a player who has given us a lot since he has come back and he has been very positive on the pitch and off the pitch.“We want to improve in quality. It is not necessarily a big number of players needed and overall I believe you don't win the Premier League title when you concede 40 goals.”Striker Robin van Persie believes the club will need to strengthen in the summer but is excited by the prospect of Marouane Chamakh joining the club from Bordeaux.The Gunners are expected to confirm the striker's arrival on a free transfer before the World Cup starts on 10 June after the 26-year-old rejected a new deal with the French club.And Van Persie said: “I don't know Chamakh personally but I know him from TV. He looks a good player.“He is strong in the air and scores lots of goals with his head. He looks confident on the ball so hopefully the transfer goes through. It is good for all of us to have competition and that's why I am happy to see him coming.“When you look at our year, we had good and bad periods but we have been unlucky as well.“Maybe we need a bit more depth in the squad. Ifyou are unlucky with players who play in a central role, it is a killer blow for the team.“I have been injured, Cesc and Almunia have been in and out and Gallas as well. That is the spine of the team. Maybe we can do something there.”Arsenal finished the season 11 points behind champions Chelsea and only five points clear of Tottenham but Van Persie believes the club's great north London rivals still have some way to go to prove that they can consistently finish in the top four.“Tottenham had a great run but we still wanted to be above them like usual,” he said.“I understand they feel they can challenge us after a run like that but in the end when you look at it after 38 games, the place you are in is the place you deserve to be.“This is the first time in years they have achieved a top four place which is good for them but its not enough for me to say they will be challenging year after year.”Fulham, who made eight changes from the side who lost to Stoke, were beaten as Andrey Arshavin, Van Persie, Chris Baird's own goal and substitute Carlos Vela gave the scoreline the one-sided look it deserved. :D :D :Dhttp://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23832163-arsene-wengers-bid-to-keep-william-gallas-could-fail-after-he-snubs-the-arsenal-fans.do

lol @ doing a lap of honour tho
At least they thanked the fans, wasn't really a lap of honour. More like a lap of recognition as Le Boss called it.They need to look else where for a centre-half, him and Tom may have done well and built up an understanding but he needs someone better along side him.

William Gallas could have played his last game for Arsenal after the club branded his wage demands 'extravagant'.The former Gunners skipper's current contract expires in the summer and the Emirates Stadium outfit are in talks over a 12-month extension.Manager Arsene Wenger had hinted that he could be prepared to alter the club's policy of only offering one-year deals to players in the latter stages of their career.But Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has now revealed that they would only be prepared to extend the 32-year-old France international's by an additional season.And the North London club will not be held to ransom by the former Chelsea man, who could now be on his way in the summer.Draw the lineHill-Wood told the Daily Star: "His demands are quite extravagant and I don't think we are prepared to go along with it."We would very much like him to stay, but I think for one year, and not on the money he wants."He is a good player, but you have got to draw the line somewhere."If he can get the money somewhere else, good luck to him. We still hope he will sign, but if he doesn't, he doesn't."It is not that we are being bloody-minded for the hell of it."We have got to look forward and the cost of players isn't just in transfers, it is in the salaries as well. And we analyse these quite carefully, because we don't want to go bankrupt."

bit gutted about this....still the best defender at the club by some distancefans never really warmed to him and him likewise. too much was made out of the birmingham match but hes chipped in with some crucial goals and carried toure all of last season.

William Gallas looks set to leave Arsenal this summer after talks over a new big-money contract hit a roadblock - but the defender could stay in the capital with a shock free transfer to Tottenham. Harry Redknapp has been told he has money to spend in the transfer market as Spurs build for their assault on the Champions League next season and is keen to add to his defensive line.Gallas, whose wage demands are said to be somewhere close to £80,000 a week, looks on the verge of quitting the Gunners after four seasons.And although Spurs are not prepared to offer him the kind of salary he is demanding, Redknapp will try to placate the talented Frenchman by offering him a longer deal than he would get at Arsenal - two or three years instead of one.Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is said to be prepared to fork out more than usual for Gallas because he would be available on a free transfer, and he brings with him substantial European experience as well as an in-depth knowledge of the Premier League.One stumbling block to the move could be over the role Redknapp foresees for Gallas within his side.Ledley King and Michael Dawson have emerged as one of the Premier League's top central defensive partnerships this season, meaning if Gallas was to be a regular starter he may be used as a full-back.The 32-year-old's desire to play in his favoured position at the centre of a back-four led to his departure from Chelsea four years ago.However, Redknapp hopes the knowledge that King will only play certain games - giving Gallas a relatively regular slot alongside Dawson - will help smooth over the talks.The veteran stopper's departure from the Emirates Stadium appears to have been confirmed by Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood, who told the Daily Star: 'His demands are quite extravagant and I don't think we are prepared to go along with it.'We would very much like him to stay, but I think for one year, and not on the money he wants.'He is a good player, but you have got to draw the line somewhere.'If the ground-breaking switch goes ahead it would represent a stunning reversal of fortunes in north London.Spurs fans have endured years of being a selling club while their bitter rivals bought up top talent.The rivalry between the two clubs reached a head in 2001 when Tottenham's star defender Sol Campbell quit White Hart Lane to join Arsenal - a move he has still not been forgiven for among the Spurs faithful.

SAMIR NASRI has revealed five Arsenal stars refuse to speak to William Gallas.Midfielder Nasri, who is one of the five, admits Gallas is continually blanked but claims it has had no effect on results.Gallas, 32, looks set to leave on a free transfer after failing to agree a new contract.And the lack of communication within the dressing room is another blow for the Gunners, after captain Cesc Fabregas again admitted he dreams of playing for Barcelona.Nasri, criticised in Gallas' autobiography for not giving up his seat on the French bus to Thierry Henry at Euro 2008, has not spoken to the centre-back since a row in training.He said: "I don't communicate with him, but I'm not the only one at Arsenal who doesn't have any communication with him. We are four or five, but that doesn't stop us fighting for each other on the pitch."You don't get 11 friends in a football team, there are people who have affinities and who get on, but on the pitch we fight for the same cause."Explaining the infamous incident, Nasri, 22, said: "Thierry was absent with a back injury and I sat in his seat on the French bus. When he came back he said 'Can you get up?' But he said it in a certain way."So to wind him up I answered 'well, respect works both ways.'"He then asked if I could stand up, I did and we laughed about it and watched a DVD together. That doesn't explain our Euro 2008 fiasco."Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2973830/Samir-Nasri-lifts-lid-on-William-Gallas-snub.html#ixzz0nxTr07PE

SAMIR NASRI has revealed five Arsenal stars refuse to speak to William Gallas.Midfielder Nasri, who is one of the five, admits Gallas is continually blanked but claims it has had no effect on results.Gallas, 32, looks set to leave on a free transfer after failing to agree a new contract.And the lack of communication within the dressing room is another blow for the Gunners, after captain Cesc Fabregas again admitted he dreams of playing for Barcelona.Nasri, criticised in Gallas' autobiography for not giving up his seat on the French bus to Thierry Henry at Euro 2008, has not spoken to the centre-back since a row in training.He said: "I don't communicate with him, but I'm not the only one at Arsenal who doesn't have any communication with him. We are four or five, but that doesn't stop us fighting for each other on the pitch."You don't get 11 friends in a football team, there are people who have affinities and who get on, but on the pitch we fight for the same cause."Explaining the infamous incident, Nasri, 22, said: "Thierry was absent with a back injury and I sat in his seat on the French bus. When he came back he said 'Can you get up?' But he said it in a certain way."So to wind him up I answered 'well, respect works both ways.'"He then asked if I could stand up, I did and we laughed about it and watched a DVD together. That doesn't explain our Euro 2008 fiasco."Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2973830/Samir-Nasri-lifts-lid-on-William-Gallas-snub.html#ixzz0nxTr07PE
lol @ this