Aguero: Us vs some next team

Gunner

Sergio Aguero has played down Fulham's chances of winning the Europa League after insisting Atletico Madrid deserve the trophy on the back of their European heritage.

The Primera Liga side won the old Cup Winners' Cup in 1962 and have competed in the UEFA Champions League for the last two seasons and Aguero, 21, reckons Atletico have every right to feel that they are the favourites in Wednesday's showpiece.

The highly-rated Argentine forward insists the Spanish outfit do not fear Roy Hodgson's side, despite the Cottagers' fine run to the final which has included the scalps of Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, Wolfsburg and Hamburg.

"If we analyse the history and the statistics in Europe, Atletico are superior to Fulham," Aguero told the Daily Star.

"This is no guarantee in the final, I respect Fulham because they have defeated Juventus, Wolfsburg and Hamburg.

"They will fight for the ball, but they are not Chelsea, Manchester United or Arsenal

• Upvote 1

Season upon season, Arsenal are billed to drop out of the CL...And season upon season we stay ballin'. Liverpool have dropped out twice.

You need a new stadium, your squad is shite, your captain is aging and Torres will f*ck off. You're done. There's a cloud outside my window, it's the dementors feeding on the gloom of all the fans in my city. I pity your kind as I trudge through the town centre. Scarfs lazily flung around your necks, dead inside.

• Upvote 1