John Terry suffers suspected broken metatarsal

TF S4DK

World Cup 2010: England's John Terry suffers suspected broken metatarsal

England defender John Terry has suffered a suspected fractured metatarsal in training, an injury which could rule him out of the World Cup.

Terry underwent a scan on the injury in hospital this afternoon.

A statement on Chelsea's website read: "John Terry has today taken a knock in training and has gone to hospital for a precautionary scan on his right foot.

"He left Cobham walking freely in a protective boot, and we await the results which are expected on Thursday."

Terry, who lost the England captaincy earlier this year, was training with his Chelsea team-mates ahead of Saturday's FA Cup final against Portsmouth when he was injured in a collision.

Although Terry's form has been patchy this season, England manager Fabio Capello would consider his absence a significant blow.

Terry and Rio Ferdinand - also troubled by injury concerns this sesason - are Capello's first-choice defensive pairing.

Should Terry miss the World Cup, it would complete a torrid few months for the defender, who was stripped of the England captaincy after a sex scandal earlier this year.

Wayne Bridge is thinking "happy days, c*nt"

John Terry has confirmed that he has not suffered a broken metatarsal and that he still hopes to play in this weekend's FA Cup final.

Terry suffered an injury during training with his club on Wednesday and he was forced to leave their Cobham training complex with a protective boot on his foot.

He immediately went to hospital for a precautionary scan, but they showed no break - amid fears he had suffered a broken metatarsal.

"I took a slight knock in training but with such an important match on Saturday the right course of action was to put a protective boot on my right foot and have a CT scan," said Terry.

"The scan has shown there is no break and I am hoping to train tomorrow if not

Friday and of course play in the FA Cup final on Saturday."

John Terry has confirmed that he has not suffered a broken metatarsal and that he still hopes to play in this weekend's FA Cup final.

Terry suffered an injury during training with his club on Wednesday and he was forced to leave their Cobham training complex with a protective boot on his foot.

He immediately went to hospital for a precautionary scan, but they showed no break - amid fears he had suffered a broken metatarsal.

"I took a slight knock in training but with such an important match on Saturday the right course of action was to put a protective boot on my right foot and have a CT scan," said Terry.

"The scan has shown there is no break and I am hoping to train tomorrow if not

Friday and of course play in the FA Cup final on Saturday."

Shame u cunts..

• Upvote 1