Milner to City?

Heero Yuy

0845 BST: Manchester United are ready to make a £28m bid for Aston Villa midfielder James Milner. Villa have already turned down a £20m bid from Manchester City for the 24-year-old who is currently with England at their pre-World Cup training camp in Austria.

Hope it's true, bidding war would be nice. If it gets to £30million I'd snap either of their hands off.

Guest El Padrino

0845 BST: Manchester United are ready to make a £28m bid for Aston Villa midfielder James Milner. Villa have already turned down a £20m bid from Manchester City for the 24-year-old who is currently with England at their pre-World Cup training camp in Austria.

Hope it's true, bidding war would be nice. If it gets to £30million I'd snap either of their hands off.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said he may not add any more players to his squad this summer.

Ferguson has already signed Mexico's Javier Hernandez from Guadalajara and defender Chris Smalling from Fulham.

A host of other signings were expected, particularly after chief executive David Gill indicated funds are available to his manager. "There may be one signing but it's not easy in the present climate. The market is very difficult," said Ferguson. Speaking alongside Gill at a press conference in New York to promote United's four-game North American tour this summer, Ferguson added: "The structure of our squad is good in terms of ages, the balance, the numbers and there's a lot of good young players. "Sometimes you have to trust in the development of the last few years and I'm going to stick with that, or most of it."

Gill added: "The Premier League is bringing in squad limits next year of 25 but there will be unlimited under-21s and other rules and we'll be taking all that into consideration."Ferguson revealed he would not be replacing goalkeeper Ben Foster, instead promoting England Under-21 international Ben Amos, who had been set to be loaned, to the first-team squad alongside Edwin Van der Sar and Tomasz Kuszczak. "Ben (Amos) will now be our third goalkeeper, he's very talented and has a good future ahead of him," the Scot said. Foster is close to completing a £6m move to Birmingham, having missed out on England's squad for the World Cup in South Africa.

Ferguson was empathetic with Foster over his international exclusion and said the bid from Birmingham City had been accepted because they knew how concerned the former Stoke City keeper had become about his future. "I think most of that comes from his disappointment of not having played enough games to get in the England squad this summer," the 68-year-old said. "I still feel very strongly about this, that Ben's the best England goalkeeper and I can't work out why he wasn't even considered simply because he didn't have enough football. "Ben's been a terrific servant for us, he's been very unlucky with a couple of injuries he's had with us last season and I think he deserves the opportunity to do better for himself."

Supporters' groups opposed to the Glazer family's ownership of Manchester United have argued that Ferguson's transfer dealings are being limited by the level of debt carried by the club. But Gill said: "We're very confident the business model we have in place will ensure the club can continue to compete at the top of football for many years to come.

Loads of rumours in spain today that United have told Athletico they will match Agueros release clause. That would be a decent 1 signing.

LMFAO. Where the f*ck are you finding these reports? RedCafe?

You are not shelling £50m+ for a player with them Yanks at the realm.

Valencia has done well though.

I think he's done ok considering it's his first season but with him on one wing and nani on the other we lost some fluidity and speed with our attacking. I'm willing to be patient as when he's on it he's been unplayable. 17mill is a bump though.