Fabregas: Screw you guys, I'm going home

Guest Intervention

Guest Intervention

Cesc Fabregas is understood to have told Arsene Wenger he wants to leave Arsenal in order to rejoin Barcelona as president Joan Laporta hints at making a bid.

Writing in Spanish newspaper AS, Guillem Balague has revealed that Fabregas has flown in to London from Barcelona to discuss his future at Emirates Stadium with Wenger.

Fabregas recently revealed that he does want to play for former club Barca one day and is keen for his future to be resolved before representing Spain at the World Cup finals.

It now appears that the midfielder is ready to ask for permission to join the newly-crowned Primera Liga champions next season and a fee is likely to be in the region of £30-35million.

Meanwhile, Barcelona president Laporta has suggested it may be the right time to bid for the 23-year-old following Fabregas' comments at a promotional event last week.

The Arsenal captain, who was plucked from Barca's youth ranks in 2003, had said, 'I think I would like to go to Barcelona, whether or not they want me is another thing'.

Laporta was surprised by Fabregas' frankness and reckons it is worth considering a move for the influential midfielder.

"It is remarkable that the player has said that," he told the club's official website.

"If the technical secretary [Txiki Begiristain] believes we must make an effort, we will do and will talk to Arsenal."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6161191,00.html

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

lmao @ them pics

MOAR

Spurs boss warns Arsenal fans Fabregas is Barca bound

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp believes that Arsenal will definitely lose Cesc Fabregas this summer as the lure of Barcelona will be too much for the Catalan born Spanish international to turn down. Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is reportedly in talks with Fabregas to persuade him to stay at Arsenal, after the 23-year-old reportedly told the Frenchman he was ready to quit the Emirates stadium.

Despite Barcelona releasing a statement that they would respect Arsenal and the contract Fabregas has at the Emirates, Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp still believes the Spanish midfielder will leave the Gunners this summer due to a number of factors tying the Gunners' talismanic skipper with his hometown club.

Tottenham Hotpsur manager Harry Redknapp, writing in his column in The Sun newspaper, revealed he expected Fabregas to leave and compared the situation to losing Rio Ferdinand when he was at West Ham. Redknapp said:

"That is one hell of a scrap to win, and I will be absolutely amazed if the lad [Fabregas]doesn't join Barcelona. Let's face it, he's a Spanish lad, he grew up in the same youth team as half those established stars, his family is there and so are his mates.

"And that's before we even get to the fact he'll be joining the best club in the world - because after signing David Villa too, that's how I rate them - with the chance of the biggest honours in club football every year.

"I know Arsenal aren't exactly small fry but this is Barcelona we're talking about, where major trophies are expected every year - and usually not too far from arriving either.

"Which player in the world wouldn't like to be lining up alongside superstars like Lionel Messi, Xavi and Andres Iniesta? I can't think of too many. None of which will be any comfort to Arsenal supporters, I know, because Cesc is one of those special players who would improve any team he was in."

The Tottenham Hotspur manager went on to to say that there will be life after Fabregas and that Arsene Wenger would spend the money wisely:

"They said they'd never cope without Thierry Henry or Patrick Vieira, but they didn't exactly drop like a stone. Cesc is a bit different, in that the other two were getting on a bit, while he's still a kid."

“But if Arsene spends that money wisely - and I'm sure he will - then he could bring in two or three who make the difference. Let's be honest, it's a dream move for Fabregas and, as much as Arsene would love to keep him, once a player's made up his mind it is very, very difficult to stop.

“We couldn't manage it with Rio at West Ham, even though we didn't want to sell and he didn't want to go!”

lmao, get in there 'arry!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Barcelona Presidential Candidate Sandro Rosell Warns 'Stratospheric Debt' Could Scupper Deal For Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas

Barcelona presidential candidate Sandro Rosell has warned the club to be aware of its "stratospheric" debt before they splash the cash on Cesc Fabregas.

The La Liga champions are currently £420 million in debt after spending huge sums of players such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thierry Henry and Dmytro Chygrnskiy. This amount is set to swell after out-going president Joan Laporta bought David Villa for £34.2 million, and looks set to move for £40 million-rated midfielder Fabregas.

Speaking to reporters today, Rosell declared the Catalans must carefully study how much they spend to avoid disaster. He also warned the huge fee required to prise Fabregas from Arsenal could yet scupper the deal.

“We must be careful, because from an economic standpoint we are not good," Rosell said.

“We have a stratospheric level of debt. £420million over what needs to be paid for Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Dmytro Chygrynskiy.

“We must improve the squad each year, but we must also make sure that we are managing the economic resources that the club needs to survive.”

AKA (I hope not),

Fabregas is staying at arsenal for another season.

Cesc Fabregas '500% Sure' He Wants Barcelona Move Despite Arsene Wenger's Attempts To Keep Him At Arsenal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has failed in his bid to keep Cesc Fabregas at the club after the Spanish star told friends that he is “500 per cent sure” he wants to move to Barcelona, according to The Express.

Wenger had personally phoned his captain in an attempt to persuade him that his future lies at the Emirates and not the Nou Camp, but Fabregas simply reiterated his desire to join the Catalan club.

It is now up to Barcelona to agree a deal with Arsenal, with the Spanish champions confident that they will get their man and add to the recent signing of David Villa from Valencia.

Despite the ongoing transfer saga surrounding Fabregas, Arsene Wenger has continued to pursue his own targets as he looks to close the gap on Chelsea and Manchester United next season.

Arsenal have already signed Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh to add to their front-line and are reportedly in the market for a centre-back and goalkeeper

Not even one hundred.. but FIVE-HUNNID!

I think its safe to say he has had enough of winning the Emirates Cup.

*waves with a smirk on face*

Barcelona have made contact with Arsenal regarding Cesc Fabregas, but have yet to make a formal offer for the midfielder.

Spain international Fabregas is understood to have told the Gunners last week that he wants to secure a move back to Barcelona over the summer.

The 23-year-old started his career at Camp Nou before joining Arsenal seven years ago and is keen to discuss a return to the Spanish champions.

Arsenal are determined to hold on to their captain and chairman Peter Hill-Wood has expressed his surprise that the club are yet to receive an offer for Fabregas.

The Catalan giants' director general Joan Oliver has now revealed tentative contact has been made with their Premier League counterparts as Barca weigh up their next move.

No hurry

"There is no offer yet," Oliver told the club's official website.

"It's true the player has expressed his wish to play for Barca, perhaps this coming season.

"We have had first contacts with Arsenal in which we made known our intention to talk and that's the current situation.

"We are not in any hurry and you never know how long these operations can take."

Complicated

Cesc's father, Francesc Fabregas, was quoted as saying on Radio Marca: "The negotiations between Arsenal and Barcelona are going to be very long.

"Both parties are going to have to sit down several times because the matter is complicated.

"Cesc is now focused on the Spanish national team, but he wants the signing to be closed as soon as possible.

"I don't know how this is going to end up, but I think that we need to respect the decision and the will of the player.

"Cesc has always responded to Arsene Wenger with his work and we are also grateful to Arsenal because they have made our son a man. We only want this to end soon.

"At the moment he has a contract with Arsenal. I get the feeling the English club don't want to sell him, but in end will allow Cesc to leave."

I just hope Wenger and Hill-Wood stick to their stance. Don't want these cunts starting with the well we will take 40m if its all upfront sh*t, or registering him for Champions League and then saying well the price has to drop now on deadline day.

Don't know why you get these dumb Arsenal fans saying "just get the deal over and done with now please". Deal gets done when Barcelona met the transfer fee required.

Fabregas should tell his dad and all the Barcelona players to chill. Infact every quotable should make the fee rise. Like say Arsenal dont pay his wages right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cesc Fabregas will play alongside Xavi for Barcelona next season, according to the Catalan star.

Xavi says he expects Fabregas, who is being heavily linked with a switch to his former club, to link-up with him at Camp Nou.

The Arsenal captain would almost certainly have already made the move to Spain had it not been for the Gunners' determination to keep hold of their midfield lynchpin.

But manager Arsene Wenger is reportedly willing to open talks over a transfer in a bid to raise funds for Bordeaux star Yoann Gourcuff.

Gourcuff could be the man to replace Fabregas should he exit the Emirates this summer and Xavi is confident his Spanish compatriot will be joining him in Pep Guardiola's side.

Desire

"Yes, certainly," said Xavi in Sport when asked if he expected to play alongside Fabregas next season. "And it also had to be like this.

"Two years I said Cesc would end up playing for Barcelona and now I have it more clear than ever.

"He has also expressed publicly that he wants to come to Barcelona and when a player wants to move to some place he ends up going.

"It is clear that Cesc will come to Barcelona."

Cesc_2460237.jpg

"I'MMM GOIN.... OVA......*points* THEYYYYYYAAAAAAAA"

• Upvote 2