Departures - Summer 2010

TF S4DK

In terms of undestanding the English game, Ramsey is ahead of Merida before he joined Arsenal in that he played 16 times for Caridff in The Championship, he played in a F.A. Cup final (some current Arsenal first teamers aint done that sh*t). He's played in COMPETITIVE British games against an age group which stretches 10-15 years from him...So despite being younger than Merida, in terms of English football he was always more experienced. Then within months of joining us he made his Welsh debut, yeah Wales are sh*t but again he is playing against seasoned pro's in a competitiive environment.Playing for the reserves is cool, but half the time players are playing for fitness rather than competitive nature. Hence what Ramsey was doing when he played for the reserves.Ability wise do I think the difference between Merida and Ramsey is huge? No, but Merida still has all of that to learn and he seemed to want to learn that only at Arsenal or back in Spain, so Wenger was doing the right thing dropping him in at the right times, Merida had to be patient and take his chances. He aint gonna walk into the Athletico team either...All of the reserve and youth players IMO should go out on loan, purely because thats the finishing school, you learn first-team pressure, matchday experience, the mental pressure, the physicality etc... These yutes are lucky that Wenger gives them the Carling Cup cos many other clubs wouldn't even give them that.When we talk about players like Nasri who we paid millions for and has played over 100 career games in Ligue 1 winning young player of the year, needing time to come to terms with playing in the Premier League, it baffles me how players like Merida or whoever think they can just play, having had no or next to no career games anywhere... How fans on one hand can call for a need for experience in the team, then on the other hand say reserve team player X should play more is baffling.I dont think Ramsey form has ever been garbage, infct I think he was on his way before the injury, he has moments in games where he goes missing or where he tries the wrong pass, granted.
I will outright refuse to interact with anyone who disagrees with what I highlighted.I cannot believe what I read about him playing garbage. SMH. Just SMFH...
TBH

I know Mainman is referring to the West Ham FA Cup game as one of Ransey's poor games (he was slewing him in the match day thread)But we all know what Ramsey ended up contributing to that game, and ironically Merida was subbed after being annonymous for 65mins.I do hear what Mainman is saying about Merida but the reality is we aren't likely to be kicking ourselves in the future because we let him go, we don't even have room for that TYPE of player ATM.Swear half the time Mainman was screaming for Merida to be involved it was because Denilson was playing, and eventhough I don't rate Denilson, I wouldn't replace him with Merida, it would leave us even more vulnerable as he isn't defensive.

Atletico Madrid have confirmed the capture of promising midfielder Fran Merida on a four-year contract.The youngster heads back to his Spanish roots after four years at Arsenal.He joined the Gunners in 2006 having cut his teeth in the academy ranks at Catalan giants Barcelona.Merida was forced to bide his time at Emirates Stadium, though, with first-team opportunities hard to find.He leaves Arsenal having made only 16 senior appearances under Arsene Wenger.His most productive season to date actually came during a spell in the Primera Liga, with a loan stint at Real Sociedad in 2007/08 allowing him to experience life at the top level.The 20-year-old is now set to head back home once more, with his contract at Arsenal due to expire on 30th June.Merida will be officially unveiled as an Atletico Madrid player during a ceremony at Vicente Calderon on Friday.

If you read what he actually said, if things don't work out contractually with us he'll seriously consider joining Celtic...Merida is no better than the other young midfielders we have, not a big loss for me...I reckon he'll move on from Atletico in about 12 months when he realises that he's not first choice there neither.Glad we've signed a player who actually supports the club in Chamakh.Fab should only go for extortionate money, any how we accept less than we deserve...

Whatever happens I am 100% expecting a new player to wear that armband come next seasonThe turnover rate of our captains since Adams is shocking, what is the difference between us and the other top 4? well all their captains are english and have stayed long term at their respective clubs whereas we have foreign mercenariescoincidence that we have been flopping constantly year after year?