Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lionel & Dave

TREADMILL / ACHING KNEES / CROSS TRAINER?

21 posts in this topic

so i'm on the shed excess fat tone up vibe at the momentnot looking for no write me a work out treatment but i'm hitting the gym for the first time in a few years and my knees are hurting after a 4 k run on the treadmill. too many years of sitting cross legged on a guru flexcan i just substitute cross trainer for running?like today i went down the gym and my cardio consisted of 5 k on the cross trainer and 2 k on rower full pelt. will up levs soon but i'm just trying to get into going everyday ya hearalso apparently cross trainer is good for kinesiology with ur limbs doing opposite actions. help pump blood up the spine and into the brain improving memory. can anyone confirm?

you can for now.. when you drop more weight down/ get more knee movement, hit the treadmill again

To be honest Treadmill f*cked my leg up, if I run on it sh*t feels like my leg gonna just collapse, really I should go doctor and get a hospital appointment but then that will kill my motivation.So I just put the incline up to its highest and walk, sh*t is MAD boring tho, but sweat f*ck*ng buckets, like more than if I ran.

EFF treadmillroad / park is all u needtime goes so much quicker15 mins on treadders feels like 30 to me30 mins on actual road flies by, but its painful

EFF treadmillroad / park is all u needtime goes so much quicker15 mins on treadders feels like 30 to me30 mins on actual road flies by, but its painful
very true.. runnin/joggin in one place is f*ck*ng boring.but still i think he probably means the force when hes coming down on his legs is making his knees hurt.I had this issue in the past... also happens if i dont do anything for a while

noted everyone safe. Guillermog yeah but no innit.running alternatives still welcome pleash.

To be honest Treadmill f*cked my leg up, if I run on it sh*t feels like my leg gonna just collapse, really I should go doctor and get a hospital appointment but then that will kill my motivation.So I just put the incline up to its highest and walk, sh*t is MAD boring tho, but sweat f*ck*ng buckets, like more than if I ran.
oh yeah is this a good cardio work out tho? what heart rate you hitting?

c'mon man what the f*ck is thistimes like these im glad i go 2 a boxing gymif ANYONE saw me walking on a treadmill it would be game overi've heard that walking is actually a decent workout, but i swear its 4 women. cardio is meant 2 b hard as hell i can't picture any man getting a real workout from walking on a treadmill.

listen tough guy u can leave that attitude at the door in my thread

ok lets do this i got a right bang rdy and waiting with ur name on itur gonna b eating knuckle sandwiches all night baby

very true.. runnin/joggin in one place is f*ck*ng boring.but still i think he probably means the force when hes coming down on his legs is making his knees hurt.I had this issue in the past... also happens if i dont do anything for a while
From what I heard its risky running on the road is not good for the legs in the long run. It Isnt leveled like the treadmill. But think its bullshit anyway. I have sprained my legs a few times jogging in the park.The treadmill is okay. I dont work per time. I do calorie targets, I also change my rhythm and have the right music playlist. it works fine for me.

I prefer to run outside because it's cooler and I get too sweaty if I run in my gym. However, I also don't really like running with people around and for some reason I seem to get bad ankles running on the concrete.

Jus go cycling instead

ok bro u enjoy urself on the vibrating plate
LOOOL

your knees are probably aching cos your body isnt used 2 exercisei remember b4 i started gym i was inactive 4 like a year and a halfconsequently 1 of my elbows always felt stiff and soreafter gyming for a while it stopped and hasn't recurred since

It's normalOnce you start getting use to it there shouldn't be any problems

c'mon man what the f*ck is thistimes like these im glad i go 2 a boxing gymif ANYONE saw me walking on a treadmill it would be game overi've heard that walking is actually a decent workout, but i swear its 4 women. cardio is meant 2 b hard as hell i can't picture any man getting a real workout from walking on a treadmill.
yea it is very decent especially up hill walkingfor both men and women..depending on what your agenda is

Keep at it, soon they wont acheWas reading in MH that its a myth that running messes up ur knees, they said studies show it infact strengthens them

Can tell its summer right round the corner, bare cardio topics re-popping up, lol.