Kanye West

Lionel & Dave

Kanye West Speaks On His Upcoming Visual For “Runaway”

I’m color-correcting this film I shot in Prague a couple weeks ago. I want to edit the film on a boat. Where are the good editing boats?” — is called Runaway, and is a 40-minute noir piece based on his new album. “It’s the story of a phoenix fallen to Earth, and I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world,” he told us. “I’ve been feeling the idea of the phoenix. It’s been in my heart for a while. It’s maybe parallel to my career. I threw a Molotov cocktail on my career last year, in a way, and I had to come back as a better person.” Is it weird that we wanted to hug him? Like, somebody, please find this man his missing fish tank, you know?

:Y:

Maybe it's just my imagination after reading this piece but you can just picture what he is talking about when you hear the beginning to "Runaway". Slow build up with the climax of her being set on fire.