Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest El Padrino

Bend over, let me penetrate

19 posts in this topic

OfCom, the UK's independent competition and regulatory authority for the telecommunications industry, has released a new draft of their policies towards Internet piracy. There are many changes in the new draft especially when it comes to dealing with Internet pirates.

Under the new system, users who break piracy laws will be logged in a central database along with their name and the number of offenses they have committed. This new central database will be accessible by music companies and movie studios so they can decide whether to take legal action against "serial" offenders. However, there is no need to get instantly worried as any offenders will be sent three warning letters before any legal action can be taken against them.

This plan would initially only affect the seven largest UK ISP's which include:

• BT
  • Talk Talk
  • Virgin Media
  • Sky
  • Orange
  • O2
  • Post Office

OfCom are hopeful it will extend to all of the UK ISP's in the future as well as mobile providers if needed.

To cope with the new stricter regulations, OfCom are also planning to implement a much clearer and easier appeals process for users who feel they have been wrongly accused of Internet piracy. However, if users decide to ignore warnings; the draft plan gives the Secretary of State powers to not only slow down users connections but to cut them off entirely (although such a measure would have to be cleared through parliament separately before it is implemented).

This draft comes as a result of the controversial Digital Economy Act which is due to go into action this year. Ofcom hope that this specific plan will be implemented by early 2011.

does o2 inclube BE unlimited?

OfCom are hopeful it will extend to all of the UK ISP's in the future as well as mobile providers if needed.

So basically if the ISP name is not on the list, it will be soon. ;) If these wankers didn't push this sh*t through parliament then we wouldn't be in this nonsense.

oh ffs some bullshit

*switches to Be broadband*

but on a real i'm sure my nerdy hacker mandem will once again get one over the law as usual and find multiple ways to get round this bullshit

This won't make any difference.

It might affect serial uploaders, but serial downloaders would be near impossible to catch, considering the many different sources/outlets for pirated stuff.

feck

where theres a will theres a way though

AOL is the Latin of ISP's.

Joined a group about the Digital Economy Bill, can't remember if I signed a petition or not. Those with the proper know how will find a way around it but I'd rather nothing changed in the first place.

so will they tell us when we've done something or are they just gonna wait until we float to the top of the list and then sue?

now that lost is over got nothing to religiously download anyway.

implementing this will be difficult, im sure theyre only gonna nab people who use the BAIT sites.

Can't believe I'm saying this so reguarly recently but...

AOL >>>>>>>

:lol:

Can't believe I'm saying this so reguarly recently but...

AOL >>>>>>>

:lol:

was it u who typed it last time loool came in ready to type that

c/s

OH MY DAYS

Come home yesterday from uni

load up my downloader with my usual rapidshare links for the day

leave my pc to deal with in quick time

come back 10 mins later

none of the shits downloaded

SKY's f*cked up the sh*t

so I can access rapidshare through 'https' and using the IP addess

but my download manager still doesn't work

any ideas?1

oh ffs some bullshit

*switches to Be broadband*

but on a real i'm sure my nerdy hacker mandem will once again get one over the law as usual and find multiple ways to get round this bullshit

your nerdy hacker mandem? by that are you referring to yourself?

f*ck

i knew this day would come eventually