People Dem Graduating This Summer...

Mr. Martinez

First of all congrats, even though it proper feels like some silly come down right now tbh

No more uni, does kinda make me feel weird

anyway

just wondering

those of you not lucky enough to walk into 50k jobs

are you considering signing on?

how much does JSA pay these days anyway?

is it long?

yer u can

know bare people who finished uni then jumped on jsa

kinda depressing still

people i know who got good degrees (1sts, 2:1) , are singing on and occasionally doing retail training courses

got another year left of uni woop woop

thats if i can blitz thru this last assingment tomorrow

otherwise i might be on the dole quicker than i hope

I feel sorry for anyone graduating. It's sh*t out here on the other side. Put off starting your career as long as you can because really once you start you ain't stopping till you either hit 65 (if we're lucky enough for it stay that way) or you die. f*cked either way really. Wish I'd gone on a gap year but I couldn't defer my job.

Guest Portuguese

JSA a waste of time its all long if you are late to sign on they refuse to sign you there is nothing you can do unless you want to look stupid and argue over £38.50

Guest Yilmaz

most graduates from this forum will be signing on/working in retail cos im assuming they went to sh*t unis/did sh*t courses/got sh*t grades

loads are signing on now but just too proud to admit it

it's peak

certain man will starting shotting drugs soon if they arent already

my advice is:

treat every day out of work as though u are still in work

that means

jobsearch/apply as much as u can, but leave some time for internships/voluntary work/extra curriculars.

work 8 hours a day minimum

good luck man, times are hard

• Downvote 1

lmfao EKS worst thing is I started using this forum in school I swear

well RWD anyway

I've clocked you talk about career life the way I hope it isn't more than once now Eks. And I swear you're doing what you studied to do...!?!

Madness, I swear life is only getting more depressing by the day rigth now...

most graduates from this forum will be signing on/working in retail cos im assuming they went to sh*t unis/did sh*t courses/got sh*t grades

loads are signing on now but just too proud to admit it

it's peak

certain man will starting shotting drugs soon if they arent already

my advice is:

treat every day out of work as though u are still in work

that means

jobsearch/apply as much as u can, but leave some time for internships/voluntary work/extra curriculars.

work 8 hours a day minimum

good luck man, times are hard

wow you know how to shine the light thanks bro

btw just so you know

rudegirl down my way graduates from bedfordshire uni next month, she done marketing (on its own) has just landed 27k at some marketing house in central london. bossman that interviewed wants some lightie for his lunch break, bait.

but yea... just because you went to a sh*t uni, and did a sh*t degree, does not mean you won't be employeed in a job that matches the name of your degree and I'm hoping this applies to non-sexy light skin women.

what did you do your degree on btw?

what's your personal experience been like boss?

signing on to JSA after graduating is f*ckin demoralising. makes the course you did seem like a complete waste of time and effort.

seriously uni is over-rated. people who end up in this position should of done apprenterships or other kind of schemes.

>>>>>> being unemployed>>>>>>>> being unemployed with qualifications

i doubt i will sign on, well maybe i will if i get really desperate for money, but my local job centre is like hell. i'm looking for internships, but still not too sure about what to do.. i have an appointment with a careers advisor next week so hopefully that'll give me some more direction

just go sign on straight away coz they wont backdate your payments unless you have a good reason

and if you are out of work for like 2 months or whatever tryin to make your next career move - you will look back and think "not much hard work could have got me £400"

Back in the dark days of me having to sign on, you got ALOT of forms to fill out then im pretty sure it took about 2-3 weeks to even start, then obviously you get a weekly or evry other week appointment im not sure, in which you have to go a grovvle prove your looking for work and ring gay jobs up infront of them, in my opinion not the worth the 45 quid they give you, may as well go and rob grannys handbags you'll probably feel better about yourself.