People Dem Graduating This Summer...

Mr. Martinez

Guest Triple XXX

mine was nothing like that

i phoned up, they got me an appointment a week later, all i did was sign one thing and was told to go back (albeit at a diff spot) the next monday

went in on the monday, they asked what i had been doin n i said i search online and email my CV (still say this)

then a week later a got some cheque thing u cash at the post office, then 2 weeks later ever since then its just paid into my account

all i do when i go in is say ive been on the jobcentre website and with agencies i apply but havent heard anything yet

they sy ok sign this and come back in a fortnight

although now i have to go every week cos ive been on it for around 6 months

its not a bad expereince tbh u feel abit weird at first but you get used to it

lmfao EKS worst thing is I started using this forum in school I swear

well RWD anyway

I've clocked you talk about career life the way I hope it isn't more than once now Eks. And I swear you're doing what you studied to do...!?!

Madness, I swear life is only getting more depressing by the day rigth now...

Brah, I got the easiest possible version of the job I studied to get. But the fact of the matter is that work ain't fun. I don't know many people that enjoy their job. I work to live not live to work. Tbh I think I just have too much on my plate so I don't get enough sleep. When I'm not tired work isn't so bad but at the moment my life is just a constant battle to get enough sleep.

Guest Triple XXX

david, they will send you on 'courses' soon

once week

then everyday for two weeks

then everyday for 13 weeks or 26 weeks if you are extra dumb

f*ckin hell

i really should start job hunting though

Guest Yilmaz

Back in the dark days of me having to sign on, you got ALOT of forms to fill out then im pretty sure it took about 2-3 weeks to even start, then obviously you get a weekly or evry other week appointment im not sure, in which you have to go a grovvle prove your looking for work and ring gay jobs up infront of them, in my opinion not the worth the 45 quid they give you, may as well go and rob grannys handbags you'll probably feel better about yourself.

please ignore this post every1

registering for jsa is now done by the phone

/

there should be no stigma attached to signing on so long as u arent sitting on ur arse all day

• 1 year later...

Not signing on, breeds complacency imo.

Speculative e-mails and grad scheme apps, if all fails there's an internship for me in Paddington at an engineering firm my dad woks for.

I'll work for free, will look good on the CV if I want to weasel my way into energy market analysis.

Just gotta stay focused, aim high, work hard and read my Psalms.

Won't get a grad scheme, don't think I'll get a 2:1.

Probably going to get a dead job for now, pay the bills and petrol.

Got a little idea in the works, need time to concentrate on it though.

Whilst at this dead job, apply for accounting/finance jobs in smaller firms or something.

Wham for man like Eks?

How do you mean?

Obviously every University is going to have people coming through that are exceptionally gifted and will go onto great jobs but then there is the rest of us, all fighting it out to get that job we've all wanted. What gives you a chance is by having the required knowledge and skills required by Businesses, they don't want people coming in and being able to quote them on Maslow, they want hard evidence of being able to do analysis, think critically, understand statistics, be able to move in the same direction as the organization.

There are Universities that you go to learn and those that you go to enhance your career prospects, no one said that by gaining a degree would give you the keys to the perfect job but we all need to find our advantages and get on the same level playing field and same level of thinking as those that will be looking at employing you