Couple Of Things Ive Always Wondered...

Guest Triple XXX

Guest Triple XXX

- how did they draw maps back in the day? did they jus sail around it n sketch as they went along?

- who selects Kings n Queens? i mean like the first one, was there a vote? did they say themselves they'll be the royal family? was there a war that put them in?

- why are eggs on American TV shows white?

- when a woman gives birth, what happens to the amibilical cord once its been cut? does it retract? fall off?

- BC is before christ, AD is after death... was there a time when it was during life? cos like i know he wasnt born, crucified and come back from the dead in under a year.. unless im missing something?

u can tell im bored

- who selects Kings n Queens? i mean like the first one, was there a vote? did they say themselves they'll be the royal family? was there a war that put them in?

yes.

- why are eggs on American TV shows white?

must be all the roids and growth hormones they feed the chickens. nothing is natural in that country.

Guest Esquilax

Anno Domini (abbreviated as AD or A.D., sometimes found in the irregular form Anno Domine) and Before Christ (abbreviated as BC or B.C.) are designations used to label years in the Julian and Gregorian calendars. The calendar era to which they refer is based on the traditionally reckoned year of the conception or birth of Jesus, with AD denoting years after the start of this epoch, and BC denoting years before the start of this epoch. There is no year zero in this scheme, so the year AD 1 immediately follows the year 1 BC. This dating system was devised in AD 525, but was not widely used until after AD 800.[1]

Guest Lisa Turtle

AD is not after death - its Anno Domini

As for the umbilical cord, its attached to the placenta, which will pass vaginally very soon after the child.

Guest Esquilax

AD is not after death - its Anno Domini

As for the umbilical cord, its attached to the placenta, which will pass vaginally very soon after the child.

I love it when you talk dirty ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

- BC is before christ, AD is after death... was there a time when it was during life? cos like i know he wasnt born, crucified and come back from the dead in under a year.. unless im missing something?

AD doesn't stand for After Death, it stands for Anno Domini which is latin for 'in the year of our lord'.

edit: damn ppl are quick.

Guest Lisa Turtle

The placenta is very high in iron, nutrionally is it very high in value. essentially the woman gives birth to it, after the baby is born contractions start again and it comes out.

Guest Esquilax

rah i was always taught it was after death

As an easy way to remember as you werent taught latin?

Do you think N E S W on a compass means never eat shredded wheat?

Use that to this very day

Obviously I don't think a compass is a magnetic reminder not to eat shredded wheat based foods

yeah the cord kinda falls off from the baby in time.

Say what? I swear they cut it. I should know more considering mum used to be a midwife but I feel like they do. I swear you have a kid. Didn't they cut it?

They cut it to a certain length then clip it with a clothes peg looking thing. After awhile that bit drops off.