Why Mac?

Bacardi_Up

Macs never break. Ever. Unless you like abuse them physically.

They are just very convenient. Look wonderful.

The Envy is good though. I have the 15. Do the 14 and 16 have built in CD Drives now? My one doesn't. It's a bump

Which would you recommend. The Envy has superior specs to the macbooks and cheaper.

The last 2 dells I have had developed problems within 3 and 2 years respectively and I am not in the market for a dell anymore.

The envy 14 and 17 both have built in optical drives. The 14 is a dual layer super multi burner thing and the 17 has the same with bluray (optional).

Pricing for the envy 14 and 17 is £999 and £1399 respectively and launching in July sometime apparently but most likely will launch with higher specs than the US versions because of the price difference in the UK.

Did your envy 15 give you any heat problems. Reports are quite widespread about that but later revisions might have solved that. I was looking at the Envy 15 but werent happy about being bumped on the screen resolution when compared to the American version.

Guest Yilmaz

Why buy a Mac when I can use my existing laptop for a quad boot system?

Hackintosh/Vista/7/Lucid Lynx

My setup is levels ahead of any Mac and a FRACTION of the price.

I am almost sold on getting a macbook (but the envy is still in with a shot).

I am looking to get the i7 model using the education discount.

The only thing is the expense but I want something that will last me years. The thing is with the new processors and all getting the i7 model will mean it will still be good enough spec wise for atleast a few years (bar perhaps the graphics card) but gaming will not really be the deal on this machine. Looooking to pay half now and half on finance.

If I drop 1.5k and get 5 years of joyous use out of the thing then I am happy as it will beat the return (amount per year) that I have had on any other lappy. The question is will I get 5 years without any problems?

Guest Wheres Wally

I am almost sold on getting a macbook (but the envy is still in with a shot).

I am looking to get the i7 model using the education discount.

The only thing is the expense but I want something that will last me years. The thing is with the new processors and all getting the i7 model will mean it will still be good enough spec wise for atleast a few years (bar perhaps the graphics card) but gaming will not really be the deal on this machine. Looooking to pay half now and half on finance.

If I drop 1.5k and get 5 years of joyous use out of the thing then I am happy as it will beat the return (amount per year) that I have had on any other lappy. The question is will I get 5 years without any problems?

yup if you get a top spec model

/

macbook + wireless mouse n keyboard + HD TV = a perfect desktop.