Good article on shit pundits

Admin.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Tom-English-39The-level-of.6364084.jp

good read would copy and paste but its easier to read on there then a topic

• Upvote 2

To be honest, this country for the most part doesnt want tactical breakdown.

Apart from Sky and well Andy Gray, the other channels dont even attempt. Ruud Gullit will talk a good game, but isn't really given the same license as Gray.

I think the producers & channels have researched what the majority of viewers want & thats what they give them, fast food football analysis, which allows every viewer to be their own tactical genius and have their own discussions.

The key thing for TV in this country is how many games you can screen.

Commentator in the Argentina game said Spain are one of the best footballing sides but they don't put enough crosses into the box...

60 - Spain sent more crosses in the opposition box than any other #World Cup 2010 team, including 19 from Jesus Navas alone. Persistent.

LOL

/

f*ck McCarthy and Townsend

To be honest, this country for the most part doesnt want tactical breakdown.

Apart from Sky and well Andy Gray, the other channels dont even attempt. Ruud Gullit will talk a good game, but isn't really given the same license as Gray.

I think the producers & channels have researched what the majority of viewers want & thats what they give them, fast food football analysis, which allows every viewer to be their own tactical genius and have their own discussions.

The key thing for TV in this country is how many games you can screen.

i know for a fact that producers feed them lines and tell them to talk up players/teams and ignore others

I rarely listen to pundits, I'll just mute it unless it's someone I know will have something good to say.

Someone like Gab Marcotti is a guy I'd listen to.

Shouldn't always be ex-players as pundits, we are fed the same old crap time and time again. Seriously who wants to listen to Keegan?

Then again didn't a French journo say something very similar a while back about pundits in this country.

Guest WAVESURFER

Good article, I agree with most of what he said.

Thing is though, you could level the same criticisms at almost all mass-media in this country. TV, tabloids etc. are all aimed at the lowest common denominator middle England types. Mediocrity is what they know and demand, it's how they live.

They don't want to hear from anyone with any knowledge or insight, they want to hear from someone who talks the same way as their mates in the pub/ the other mums in the playground. Hence pundits like Shearer, and programmes like Loose Women.

Britain's f*cked, it's horrifying.

• Upvote 3

I think the tide is turning against Hansen and all these mediocre pundits, who only churn out the same clichés...this thread is proof that the average football fan isn't the typical 'problem wiv arsenal is they always try walk it into the back of the net' idiot that the producers of BBC/ITV coverage think we are.