RINSE FM GONE LEGAL

Thizz

good stuff, they've been waiting 3 years on this

-they're not gonna be broadcasting in North London though which is a bitch

-podcasts won't be distributed by them anymore either (I assume, due to royalty payments)

-no more swearing in sets

-there's gonna be ads

f*ck that.

this is big for rinse cos they been doing it for ages and all credit to them, but seriously why do these things always have to compromise what the original pirate station is about.

Anyone who listens to Rinse on a regular basis will know that it wont change too much from how it has been for the last 6 months or so,

they have been running the ship as if its been legal since then.

they will have the grime shows still, but the problem with grime shows is, Conflict seems to happen quite frequently with certain crews, some other crews dont turn up to thier shows, and others probably aren't good enough, Rinse has its fair share of Grime shows imo when you factor in all these points.

Dubstep to blow up even more

and Rinse to be bigger than Choice in a year.

big look, well done to everyone involved and everyone that signed the petition.

Anyone who listens to Rinse on a regular basis will know that it wont change too much from how it has been for the last 6 months or so,

they have been running the ship as if its been legal since then.

they will have the grime shows still, but the problem with grime shows is, Conflict seems to happen quite frequently with certain crews, some other crews dont turn up to thier shows, and others probably aren't good enough, Rinse has its fair share of Grime shows imo when you factor in all these points.

Dubstep to blow up even more

and Rinse to be bigger than Choice in a year.

big look, well done to everyone involved and everyone that signed the petition.

Nah, a community license is very different from a commercial license. Rinse won't even be broadcasting London-wide aswell as many other things.

-podcasts won't be distributed by them anymore either (I assume, due to royalty payments)

-there's gonna be ads

f*ck that.

this is big for rinse cos they been doing it for ages and all credit to them, but seriously why do these things always have to compromise what the original pirate station is about.

can't be totally sure about this though, their podcast just got a refurbishment (they're finally in the right format for iTunes/etc) so maybe its not as I thought

but I thought podcasts from proper people needed PRS payments, hence the fact that BBC don't do downloads and Pyro stopped doing theirs a few years before they died out

• 6 months later...
Guest Waka Flocka Dave

-there's gonna be ads

f*ck that.

can't be totally sure about this though, their podcast just got a refurbishment (they're finally in the right format for iTunes/etc) so maybe its not as I thought

but I thought podcasts from proper people needed PRS payments, hence the fact that BBC don't do downloads and Pyro stopped doing theirs a few years before they died out

yea royalties are a bitch

u gotta pay to play music in shops and whatnot so theyd prob have to pay for downloads n internet streaming n all that

• 5 months later...

2 days ago i was at the SBTV website and media company launch party.. the founder had just come back from Meeting with Richard Branson at his yard in oxford. although Rinse FM is good, its a tad bit too late to be jumping on the bandwagon already controlled by the super conglomerates, along with ever decreasing radio listeners. why fight the authorities with shitty pirate radio when you can HEAR and SEE your budding artists now on videos on the net. they should be focusing on being rivals to the upcoming internet TV UK market that is still up for grabs and has no strong corporate influence yet. how many new phones today still come with radios? and they are rushing to cater for a grime-esque market that now listens to more artists online in videos than on radio?

• Upvote 1

2 days ago i was at the SBTV website and media company launch party.. the founder had just come back from Meeting with Richard Branson at his yard in oxford. although Rinse FM is good, its a tad bit too late to be jumping on the bandwagon already controlled by the super conglomerates, along with ever decreasing radio listeners. why fight the authorities with shitty pirate radio when you can HEAR and SEE your budding artists now on videos on the net. they should be focusing on being rivals to the upcoming internet TV UK market that is still up for grabs and has no strong corporate influence yet. how many new phones today still come with radios? and they are rushing to cater for a grime-esque market that now listens to more artists online in videos than on radio?

im lost, how does that link to the rest of the story?

• Upvote 3

it was mentioned to show that the SBTV founder is smart and making good moves for investment and guidance towards his company, as opposed to chasing the feds and courts around for years to jump on a sinking ship, when there are other options such as the interwebs available for the takin.

• Downvote 1

When I used to chat to David on MSN, he had all typa ideas. Guy coulda made big moves.

He had one sick one about mp3 docking stations in HMV where people can go and put tunes on their ipods etc.

All of now HMV haven't clocked certain people can't be arsed / are too dumb to do this themselves.

When I used to chat to David on MSN, he had all typa ideas. Guy coulda made big moves.

He had one sick one about mp3 docking stations in HMV where people can go and put tunes on their ipods etc.

All of now HMV haven't clocked certain people can't be arsed / are too dumb to do this themselves.

i remember this idea clearly

i was gunna steal it for one project in uni. :)

didnt in the end.

im talking about the whole radio station aspect being a bandwagon, i mean the whole fight to become a legal station when internet viewers are breaking artists just as much as radio and its not set to decrease. lol@ journalist music rankings.

• Downvote 2