Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trilliam

Wavves - King of The Beach

10 posts in this topic

Latest album, so far so really good, noisy energetic pop tunes brimming with summer goodness. Enjoying this a lot.

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/6kw1iiwxe

Leaked already?

SHET MEHN.

Cheers Jubez, DLing now. Been looking forward to this. Liked the single, sounded like Blink 182, bit of a departure from the previous fuzzy-sounding stuff.

Yeah he's found a way to use the distortion in a none wall of sound way. Finished spinning it awhile ago and will pop it on again and again, one for the summer!

Tried to listen to this band about 5 times now over the past few months each time I cant do it.

Just sounds too much like noise for liking.

There's a lot less noise, I only liked two or three songs before this album because of the reasons you said but there's a marked difference here. Think you should check it out stillios.

I'm kind of going in the opposite direction. On first listen, I like this less than I liked the last two records, and I think it's because it's a lot cleaner. You can hear his voice, and I'm realising that I don't really like his voice all that much.

There are some good tunes on there though, and I'll listen to it some more, hopefully it'll grow on me. Still love the single, it's a f*ck*ng ripper.

Also, it was about 1AM when I listened to it, and I feel like it'll probably be more of an early-afternoon record. I'll put it on my ipod and give it a listen in the garden tomorrow.

King of the beach is the single right, frentic sh*t. Listening again and the album is best when it's going at 90mph, when it slows up it loses some of that kicking out the jams charm.

Ah I see, maybe I like this one because I'm a fan of the voice, sounds a bit like Tom DeLonge.

Opening three tracks is a blistering start.

edit:

Was a bit hasty with the praise (surprise surprise). There's quite a few disposable tracks on here, most coming when he puts the guitars down. Post Acid and Idiot along with the aforementioned three, maybe Take On The World and that's it for me.

Need to get on this Wavves hype.

Someone up one of their songs.

Sounding good, got any links for their early stuff.

PMs innit.