2010 budget

shaian

• Two year public sector pay freeze on staff earning more than £21,000.

f*ck YOU DAVID CAMERON YOU PRICK. NICK CLEGG f*ck OFF ALSO.

Only government/public sector workers get paycuts yh?

Edit:

sh*t mumzy pissed

i'm pissed as well.. the way I was fully expecting a pay rise next month :(

car insurance will prob rise as well with the VAT rises, infact every type of insurance tbh. travel will cost more too.

VAT is on everything so everything will automatically cost more come the new year. The fact that the VAT rise doesn't have a set date to revert back to 17.5% like it did when it was reduced to 15%, means its probably here to stay.

car insurance will prob rise as well with the VAT rises, infact every type of insurance tbh. travel will cost more too.

VAT is on everything so everything will automatically cost more come the new year. The fact that the VAT rise doesn't have a set date to revert back to 17.5% like it did when it was reduced to 15%, means its probably here to stay.

did people honestly see much difference when VAT went down to 15% though?

At the beginning yes. But businesses wasnt stupid, they implented the reduction, then revised prices during the yearly inflation and got that sh*t back, a rise in VAT to some businesses is a masterstroke, as they can rise prices and freely blame the government.

Remember that 2.5% reduction doesnt seem like much on your phone bill for example, but if your buying a car then your notice it.

Guest Awesome Kong

Yes, cheaper bills etc etc.

cheaper clothes etc, it was a relief of sorts

you buying gucci and prada? because you are only saving £2.50 on every £100 spent

you buying gucci and prada? because you are only saving £2.50 on every £100 spent

Gucci, Prada, LV was companies that definitely got that 2.5% VAT back.

• Upvote 1

*edit* re read it, the housing benefit part makes no sense to me, how can they be lowering the amount for a 1 bedroom flat to 280 a week when i dont get anywhere near that for a 2 bedroom and i have to pay some myself? 2bh its not that big a deal for me, but its unfair for the people it is affecting, as if they dont have lives and families to support aswell.