Arms

NiNES.

Been gyming for time now but my arms just dont seem to be getting as big in comparision to the rest of my body (ie chest)...could this be a genetic thing?However i tend to only do one excerise for each part of the arm all of the time.. could this be why?/i would also be right in saying then using weights is more effective than any thing else?

Measure your arms or ask a friend you see every now n then but not everyday..some people look in the mirror n think 'rah im gettin hench'..and so look and think 'naa i'm the same size'.but if you measure you're arm ull know for sure if you're getting bigger or not and other people will notice more than you.

• 2 weeks later...
Been gyming for time now but my arms just dont seem to be getting as big in comparision to the rest of my body (ie chest)...could this be a genetic thing?However i tend to only do one excerise for each part of the arm all of the time.. could this be why?/i would also be right in saying then using weights is more effective than any thing else?
You mean you do one tricep and one bicep exercise? Is that one on every session on just one in the week? They need at least 3 exercises each in a session at least once a week. Triceps particularly. Have an arms day and do triceps and biceps. Do dips, skullcrushers and kickbacks for triceps and hammer curls, BB curls and incline DB curls for biceps.

Get a 40 kg bar (or what ever if quite heavy for you)Get a 30 kg bar (go down 10kg from your first bar)then get two 12kg dumbellsPick the 40 up first...10 reps (fulls not halfs) -- put downpick the 30 up next ... 10 reps (fulls not halfs) -- put downPick the dumbells up next.. 10 reps each arm -- put downThat's 1 set... do 3-5 sets with a 20-30 second break inbetween each SET not BARAfter this if you chose the right weight your arms are going to be half dead..so put all the weights back..Get a 25kg barGet a 15 kg barand get some 8 kg dumbells and repeat the exercise.Make sure all the reps are full length, streching the arm all the way down (i see alot of people like doing this 'bring it down half way they thru it back up' ting)

You mean you do one tricep and one bicep exercise? Is that one on every session on just one in the week? They need at least 3 exercises each in a session at least once a week. Triceps particularly. Have an arms day and do triceps and biceps. Do dips, skullcrushers and kickbacks for triceps and hammer curls, BB curls and incline DB curls for biceps.
this was the problemsafe

• 3 weeks later...

last year my biceps were my best feature, stopped gym for 5 months and have been back on it hard since may, and my bi's are now pathetic! i dunno how/why as i am doing the same routine. its made worse as now my tri's are nice and my shoulders are bigger than ever, and there is just a void at the front of my arm nowim currently doingpreacher curl- 1 warm up set for inner and outer on ez-curl barpullups 3x to failthen 20k+the bar 2x 10 inner grip 2x 20 outer gripthen 10k+ bar 2x 12 inner and outerhammer curls across the body with a twist at top to hit the outer head of the bi 8k 3x12 4k 2x to failand sometimes straight hammer curls with the same weight as abovesuggestions and routines please

last year my biceps were my best feature, stopped gym for 5 months and have been back on it hard since may, and my bi's are now pathetic! i dunno how/why as i am doing the same routine. its made worse as now my tri's are nice and my shoulders are bigger than ever, and there is just a void at the front of my arm nowim currently doingpreacher curl- 1 warm up set for inner and outer on ez-curl barpullups 3x to failthen 20k+the bar 2x 10 inner grip 2x 20 outer gripthen 10k+ bar 2x 12 inner and outerhammer curls across the body with a twist at top to hit the outer head of the bi 8k 3x12 4k 2x to failand sometimes straight hammer curls with the same weight as abovesuggestions and routines please
remember you train biceps when you train back, so you could wanna do your bi's on your back day and not overtrain your bi'sAdopt a lower rep+ heavier set routine. 6 reps & 4 sets. ex1: preacher curls --1 warm up set + 4 sets of 6 reps. (meaning you go as heavy as possible)2:standing barbell or dumbell curls 6 X 4sets3: pull ups 6x4sets4: lying cable curls 12X4 or 1 set each of 12,14,16,20 reducing the weights to really finish with a pump

safe, something has to give. i usually train back first, which sometime means im a f*cked for bi's. i have a fairly big back routine too. but did bi's first this morning so i could give it more effort, which seemed to work well, but im deffo gonna do the 6x4 and make sure i have a gym buddy to help me force the last few reps out

no point doing bicep curls should hit the main compound exercises if you wanna get bigger all over get your testosterone pumpingsquats, deadlifts, chin ups, dips, bench press etc are the only ones you need to be doingand a rowing motion like barbell rows

Stick With Tough ExercisesTo beef up your testosterone levels, the bulk of your workout should involve "compound" weight-lifting exercises that train several large muscle groups, and not just one or two smaller muscles. For example, studies have shown that doing squats, bench presses or back rows increases testosterone more than doing biceps curls or triceps pushdowns, even though the effort may seem the same. This is why doing squats could help you build bigger biceps.
http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/boosttes.htm
  • Upvote 1

no point doing bicep curls should hit the main compound exercises if you wanna get bigger all over get your testosterone pumpingsquats, deadlifts, chin ups, dips, bench press etc are the only ones you need to be doingand a rowing motion like barbell rows
Stick With Tough ExercisesTo beef up your testosterone levels, the bulk of your workout should involve "compound" weight-lifting exercises that train several large muscle groups, and not just one or two smaller muscles. For example, studies have shown that doing squats, bench presses or back rows increases testosterone more than doing biceps curls or triceps pushdowns, even though the effort may seem the same. This is why doing squats could help you build bigger biceps.
http://www.timinverm...ss/boosttes.htm
if u just did these exercises alone, you wud probs just end up strong, bulky, with little definition. all of those exercise u listed are in my routine, but its still important to isolate and work individual muscle groups

Allow doing triceps and biceps on the same day.Pair triceps with chest day, and biceps with back day.
what he said
i do my legs and then throw in a bit of biceps afterwards on a monday, then on friday i do my back, that way they're getting worked twice, i also just used to rely on major exercises for major body parts like the guy above was sayin, but my back and chest got too wide in proportion to my arms so i had to start doing them separately.

• 3 weeks later...

I do bis and tris on the same day, Friday is my arm day, my arms are bigI do light tris on chest day and light bis on back dayBut I see no issue in doing bis and tris on same day, bis get exhausted quite quick so not like u can do nuff effectively for bis./But like always do whats best for you and suits you, there are rules set in stone.