Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Illusion

Why is dubstep more easy to buy than grime?

14 posts in this topic

Serious question.... Why is it that I can go on boomkat, junodownload, even play and find a shitload of the latest dubstep, up there and available for me to buy and download, but the grime just seems a lot harder to find?

Is it that Grime artists just aren't good at releasing their tracks? Or do I just need to look harder?

Long short answer: Dubstep does a much better job supporting itself than grime, it's artists buying other artists work, sells itself really, better market.

Short answer: Grime sucks

not even that....

Deep Medi

Tempa

Punch Drunk

DMZ

Hperdub

Planet Mu

Tectonic

plus more

can you name the grime equivelant to these? no you cant, thats why you cant find anything.

I'm starting to think more and more that grime is lacking producers. Says it all when I don't listen to radio for about 6 months, then tune in and hear 90% of the tunes that I heard 6 months ago

Grime is full of

-instrumentals that aren't well designed enough to be played by themselves

-vocalled by MCs who don't do justice to the beat

-played by DJs who keep favourites

-at a small amount of raves or radio sets

-leaving a crappy level of income to the scene

-'causing producers not to be bothered

Grime is full of

-instrumentals that aren't well designed enough to be played by themselves

-vocalled by MCs who don't do justice to the beat

-played by DJs who keep favourites

-at a small amount of raves or radio sets

-leaving a crappy level of income to the scene

-'causing producers not to be bothered

C/S

lol i stopped listening grime in 07 when ghetts made that bday f*ck radio and when i check grime in 2010 im still hearing the same beats that silencer world war 3 in particular

It was always about the MC and not the Producer or DJ, when they were the ones able to push the scene.

When the MCs stopped caring and moved on to other things, the scene fell apart.

It never USED to be that way... used to TRAYPSE thru the web looking for that fresh TEMPA/DMZ/SKULLDISCO

Thank f*ck for grime doing what it does best.

Absolutely Nothing.

Grime wasn't taking the space dubstep currently fills anyway.

It was always about the MC and not the Producer or DJ, when they were the ones able to push the scene.

this never used to be the case tho

djs used to buy grime by the case load

erm, dunno how to continue that rhyme. but back in the day grime releases suddenly all had vocals on them, with little 8 bar intros. i started buying dubstep coz it sounded like grime with a focus on the dj, and the vinyl releases were of a much better quality. i dunno wots up with dubstep these days tho, bare weirdos and nut jobs listening to it, and making awful sh*t and calling it 'deathstep' or 'filthstep'. watch for the sh*t i'm gonna start making all u junkies can f*ck off back to the gabba room.

erm, dunno how to continue that rhyme. but back in the day grime releases suddenly all had vocals on them, with little 8 bar intros. i started buying dubstep coz it sounded like grime with a focus on the dj, and the vinyl releases were of a much better quality. i dunno wots up with dubstep these days tho, bare weirdos and nut jobs listening to it, and making awful sh*t and calling it 'deathstep' or 'filthstep'. watch for the sh*t i'm gonna start making all u junkies can f*ck off back to the gabba room.

:lol:

:lol:

The names their coming out with is f*ck*ng getting ridiculous. Too many pretentious cunts thinking its cool to make what I would determine as just noise.

http://dubstepreactions.tumblr.com/

Some of the comments on there about dubstep have me cracking up!

Anyway some good points made in this thread.