Match Day 17

MrJibbles

even if i wernt betting on germany i want england to not go throughthey need taking down a peg or twoseriouslyrly hope the krauts can teach them a lessonif lampard scores the winner and gets man of the match or something i will probly top myself/jules rimet still gleaming

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Germany: 1-Manuel Neuer; 16-Philipp Lahm, 3-Arne Friedrich, 17-Per Mertesacker, 20-Jerome Boateng, 13-Thomas Mueller, 6-Sami Khedira, 7-Bastian Schweinsteiger, 10-Lukas Podolski, 8-Mesut Ozil, 11-Miroslav Klose.England: 1-David James; 2-Glen Johnson, 15-Matthew Upson, 6-John Terry, 3-Ashley Cole; 16-James Milner, 4-Steven Gerrard, 8-Frank Lampard, 14-Gareth Barry; 19-Jermain Defoe, 10-Wayne Rooney.Referee: Jorge Larrionda (Uruguay).

England have the better players on paper, but Germany have played better so far. I think Barry will struggle against Ozil. Capello should have taken Scott Parker specifically for these types of games as England has no genuine holding midfielder. Sneaky feeling that England will win 2-0.

Germany's defence is weak especially Mertesacker and Friedrich who are slow. Rooney/Defoe needs exploit that. Rooney needs to step the f*ck up and do all the basics right today; First touches, runs, passes & do what he does in the PL etc. Defoe just needs to do the same he did against Slovenia & take chances when he gets them.England NEED to control Ozil either by Barry or Lamps dropping in and picking him up or one of the centre backs stepping up.Player for player, England has the better players which should equate to victory but hey, this is football & this is England.