Summer transfer thread

Told you, Gold and Sullivan>>>Look at the names they've been linked to already, all throughout season ticket renewal time./Good to hear someone who knows something about Boussoufa. MON's been watching a few Belgium based players (Defour, Witsel and previously Jovanovic) as well as him for a while, yet to make any moves though. Know it's gonna have to be a special oppertunity for MON to sign someone from abroad for big money./Joe Ledley is an idiot, swear he had talks with Roma? I SMH at British players mentality sometimes.

Villa ready to snap up Gunners starBy Mirror Football, 29/06/10http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 02369.htmlArsenal's Croatian international Eduardo has told his agent to he wants to quit North London - and is a target for Aston Villa. The 27-year old has struggled to hold down a regular place in Arsene Wenger's team since returning from his horrific broken leg and dislocated ankle at Birmingham, failing to score in 12 matches for the Gunners last season. With Wenger adding Marouane Chamakh to his front-line, Villa's Martin O'Neill has enquired about the Brazillian-born striker in a bid to replace the departing John Carew.
PMS*remembers the Arsenal fans saying he would get more goals then Torres*
oh yeah cos torres also got his leg murderd on the pitch aswell :D

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is ready to test Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger with a £35m bid for Dutch striker Robin van Persie.Full story: caughtoffside.com Sir Alex Ferguson is set to launch a bid for out-of-favour Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema but the Manchester United boss must first attempt to secure funds from player sales.Full story: caughtoffside.com New Portsmouth boss Steve Cotterill is confident of persuading David James to stay at Fratton Park following talks with the England goalkeeper.Full story: Daily Mail West Ham are expected to make an improved offer for Brazilian teenage star Neymar after Santos rejected a £12m bid.Full story: Daily Mail

Guest Wheres Barry
West Ham interested in signing NeymarLOL!
LOL @ West Ham. If he does come to the prem it will probably be to City or Chelsea.This transfer window is gonna be so depressing.
heard its chelsea behind the deal.... will spend 1/2 years at west ham then be transferred on to chelsea

Yeah I heard something about that too.City have first refusal on him and Ganso as part of the Robinho loan deal and I think Real Madrid was interested but if them 2 don't get involved it looks like he'll eventually end up at Chelsea.

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Yossi Benayoun from Liverpool.The 30-year-old will link up with his new team-mates at Cobham for the beginning of pre-season on Monday (July 5).'I am very excited to come to a club like Chelsea, it is a big club and I think it is a dream for every player. Hopefully we will be successful,' said the Israeli international, who has signed a three-year contract.Manager Carlo Ancelotti added: 'We are happy to have this new player. Yossi has a lot of quality in midfield and can play in lots of positions. I like his behaviour on the pitch and he will do a great job for us next season.'Benayoun spent three seasons at Liverpool having first moved to the Premier League in 2005 when he joined West Ham from Spanish club Racing Santander.The 5ft 8in midfielder captains his national team, and is comfortable either on the wing or behind the forward line. The first chance to see Benayoun in a Chelsea shirt could come at Crystal Palace on July 17, in our first pre-season friendly of the summer.

Sunderland have completed their third signing of the summer after landing Egypt international Ahmed Al-Muhammadi on a season-long loan.The Black Cats agreed a deal with ENPPI for the 22-year-old's services earlier this week and he has now joined after passing a routine medial.The 42-cap international is the club's third capture of the close season following the arrivals of Cruz Azul's Cristian Riveros and Belgian keeper Simon Mignolet.Sunderland have the option of securing Al-Muhammadi's signature permanently next summer should he impress in his debut campaign in England's top flight.He began his career with hometown club Ghazl El-Mehalla, making his first-team debut for the Farmers aged just 17 before moving to Cairo-based ENPPI in 2006.DelightedBlack Cats boss Steve Bruce has expressed his delighted at capturing the Egypt international, stating he has been a long-term target for the club."We're delighted to get the deal done," said Bruce. "Ahmed is a player we've been aware of for a long time and we know exactly what he will bring to the squad."His pace and direct style will be an asset to us and give the team an extra dimension on the right-hand side."At only 22 he is already an experienced international, which will serve him well as he adjusts to life in the Premier League."I expect it will take him time to settle but Ahmed is a player who can have a big impact in this division and we welcome him to the club."

JJ do Villa seriously want Eduardo?
Doubt it. Anything in the papers is usually based on speculation. MON and Paul Faulkner do the transfers themselves, and do it the proper way by contacting managers and not agents first. So our stuff rarely leaks out until it's at quite an advanced stage.The few genuine ITK's we have that have Faulkner's ear say it's Keane we're after and have spoken to him three times since January, but we can't afford to pick up his wages. So we're at a stalemate. It's possible that we're looking at alternatives. Hope we are, wouldn't mind Keane but I'd love to take a chance on Eudardo.

JJ do Villa seriously want Eduardo?
Doubt it. Anything in the papers is usually based on speculation. MON and Paul Faulkner do the transfers themselves, and do it the proper way by contacting managers and not agents first. So our stuff rarely leaks out until it's at quite an advanced stage.The few genuine ITK's we have that have Faulkner's ear say it's Keane we're after and have spoken to him three times since January, but we can't afford to pick up his wages. So we're at a stalemate. It's possible that we're looking at alternatives. Hope we are, wouldn't mind Keane but I'd love to take a chance on Eudardo.
Okay, dunno about Eduardo playing in the Birmingham derby, infact dunno about Eduardo living in Birmingham full stop.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has confirmed he has held talks with Joe Cole about a move to White Hart Lane.Cole is a free agent following the expiration of his contract at Premier League champions Chelsea.The 28-year-old is keen to sort out his future in the next few weeks after returning from the World Cup with England.Arsenal were thought to be front-runners for Cole, but now Spurs are hoping to beat their arch-rivals to the midfielder's signature.Redknapp is a big fan of Cole having brought him through the youth ranks during his time in charge of West Ham and he believes the playmaker still has a lot to offer."You know he's got lots of options, I think quite a few clubs want him," said Redknapp."I had a great relationship with him as a kid; I signed him when he was 11 years of age."As I said before he lived for football, he was the best schoolboy footballer I have ever seen without a doubt."He has still got that enthusiasm I think, but whether there is a chance of getting him, I feel there is a chance."I don't think it will be easy, but I think we have got as good a chance as anybody."

Bettencourt vents fury at “deplorable Moutinho”Stormy end to Alvalade career for one of Sporting’s favourite sonsJose BettencourtThe Portuguese media is still reverberating with the shock transfer of Sporting captain Joao Moutinho to FC Porto, and details are now emerging of the dramatic and tension-filled hours that preceded the exit of the Portuguese midfielder. Things came to head at a meeting held between Sporting president Jose Bettencourt, football director Costinha and Moutinho, in which the former two attempted to persuade the latter to stay at Alvalade. As tempers flared Moutinho lost his cool and stated “I will never wear the Sporting shirt again,” before disclosing that he had already given his word to FC Porto president Pinto da Costa that he would join the Dragons. Sporting were reluctantly left with no choice but to let the foremost symbol of their club head north to domestic rivals Porto. Today Bettencourt was bruising in his criticism of Moutinho’s conduct in the transfer. “Joao Moutinho lost his temper and his behaviour towards the president, the football director and coaching staff was deplorable. If I hadn’t been there I wouldn’t have believed it was possible to stoop so low,” said the Sporting supremo at a press conference today, before going on to explain the reasoning behind him sanctioning the transfer. Rotten apple“Right from the start of the new season we had a rotten apple in our orchard, who would have contaminated the group. And we couldn’t continue with a rotten apple. Joao Moutinho made continuous pleas to leave. “But the only bid we received was from FC Porto. We wanted him to wait more time for a higher bid to come from abroad, but Joao forced his exit to FC Porto, saying he had already given them his word. “At the start of the season the player’s representative Pini Zahavi told us the maximum price he could get was 7.5 million euros. But we received zero proposals for Joao Moutinho, apart from Porto’s. “I had a meeting with Pinto da Costa, who told me that Moutinho would only play for FC Porto if Sporting agreed to the move. The deal was done because Sporting wanted it, because I didn’t want a rotten apple in the group, I didn’t want somebody who wouldn’t show dignity to the club’s crest. Deep hurt“Ever since 2008 after we refused to sanction his move to Everton, and despite his salary conditions being updated, he made constant requests to leave. Joao Moutinho did not count on Sporting and Sporting did not count on Joao Moutinho. He wasn’t fit to be captain. “And as we don’t want anyone here against their will, I think we brought a good end to this sad story. Despite the deep hurt with the way this process played out, we’re happy to see the back of him.” Sporting director of football Costinha was also at the press conference but did not add much to Bettencourt’s explanations, laconically stating “I don’t wish good luck to Moutinho. That would be wishing good luck to a rival. I don’t wish the best for him. The only thing I can say is that I hope he doesn’t get injured.”
smh @ sporting...should have let him go everton, now the only club that wanted to buy him was their rivals lol pissed.

Unlucky Spurs fans....

Uruguay's star striker Diego Forlan has ruled out the possibility of returning to the Premier League this summer.The former Manchester United man previously spent two-and-a-half seasons until 2004 at Old Trafford, but failed to find the back of the net with any regularity.It took him 27 games to net his first goal for United, although he has shown his true form in La Liga with over 100 goals during his time with Villarreal and Atletico Madrid.Forlan has also greatly impressed in this summer's World Cup finals in South Africa, leading to speculation that Spurs boss Harry Redknapp could be mounting a bid.With the prospect of a Premier League return on the horizon Forlan, who is currently preparing for a World Cup semi-final with Holland, has shot down the possible talks, stating he is happy in Spain and not looking to move.No interest"Tottenham are a club who are going in the right direction, but I have no interest in joining the Premier League with any club," he told the Daily Mail."For a start, Spain is much hotter and also it is my home now."We have a great team at Atletico and next season we will be aiming for a top-four finish."We have some very exciting young players and I'm excited for the season."I will never play in England again, but I still actually look back with fond memories at some moments."